TLS Season Four -- Available March 15, 2011

Brock

Excellent news from TVShowsonDVD.com!!!

Early this week we brought you CBS/Paramount's official announcement that The Lucy Show - The Official 3rd Season will be released on DVD November 30th. We've got the early cover art (may not be final) and Amazon button link for that title below, but today's story isn't really so much about the third season set. It's actually about the fourth season (out of the show's six-year run).

A week earlier, we reported how the season three release date was first revealed in a comment made by the studio at the CBS Home Entertainment fan page on Facebook. Yesterday afternoon, in another post on that same fan page re-affirming the third season DVD release date, they added a comment about the release date of The Lucy Show - The Official 4th Season:

"Season 4 is scheduled to release also around 3/15/2011"

That's great to know, and we're penciling that in on our calendar here at TVShowsOnDVD for now. However, as we know from past experience, plans can change and early dates can move around. We'll keep an eye on this, however, and update you when CBS/Paramount formally announces the fourth season set to retailers and press. Stay tuned! In the meantime, we'll all be glad to get The Official 4th Season in two months, won't we?

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lucy-Season-4/14477#ixzz112uqF7C9

You know, I actually wish they would delay season four so they can include season four and season five in one complete package. I really think they will have a hard time marketing Season Five because it is all available on DVD for peanuts, although in horrendous quality. If they release them both in the same package, it will be added incentive to buy Season Five and all but ensure we get a Season Six release.

You know, I actually wish they would delay season four so they can include season four and season five in one complete package. I really think they will have a hard time marketing Season Five because it is all available on DVD for peanuts, although in horrendous quality. If they release them both in the same package, it will be added incentive to buy Season Five and all but ensure we get a Season Six release.

You know, I was worried about that at first too BUT... remember the "Lucy In London" special could be included as a bonus and that will make it a VERY attractive set for buyers. That would be one of the main selling points as so many fans want that special remastered and in high quality.

But, for now, back to the Season 4 news... :o:o:o We need an EXCITED smiley!!! I am soooo happy to hear they are moving forward rather quickly with TLS.

My favorites in Season 4 include "Lucy and Joan" with the hysterical scene in the grocery store! :lol:

Other favorites include the Christmas episode "Lucy the Choirmaster", "Lucy Bags a Bargain" and "Lucy Goes to a Hollywood Premiere"!!!

After getting Season 3, we will be able to look forward to the next season without fear of no announcements. This is the way a series should be released.

I don't agree, I think they should release each season seperately. I think Season 5 & 6 would outsell Seasons 1 & 2 personally because more people would want to get better non-syndicated versions of their original crappy quality versions. I know I'm extra excited for those seasons! If anything Season 5 & 6 should be released together.

You know, I was worried about that at first too BUT... remember the "Lucy In London" special could be included as a bonus and that will make it a VERY attractive set for buyers. That would be one of the main selling points as so many fans want that special remastered and in high quality.

That's a very good point. I didn't consider that. In that case, maybe it will work out afterall!

How many find the season 4 episode "Soap Opera Hunt" offensive. I know a lot do. I think her oriental gardener is hilarious.

Personally, I don't think "Soap Opera" should ever be mentioned. :lol: It always amazes me to think CBS -- or the stations that air TLS -- opt to air this episode (the worst moment in Lucy's career, IMO) yet PAX took HL's "The Big Game", a geniuinely hilarious episode, out of circulation just because of O.J.

How many find the season 4 episode "Soap Opera Hunt" offensive. I know a lot do. I think her oriental gardener is hilarious.

I have to agree. Her oriental gardener is hilarious. I remember seeing waking up to that scene when it aired on Nick-at-Nite, being a little frightened and then laughing hysterically.

I showed the episode to an Asian friend of mine and he didn't find it offensive. He actually thought it was funny. He told me that his family didn't take offense to such things. Sometimes us white people find things more offensive than the people who we think they might actually offend. :lol:

Another example would be do red-headed women find Lucy's antics offensive or demeaning

OH FOR CORN SAKES! :angry: Do women who wear glasses find sarah palin offensive? Do women who wear little black cocktail dresses and act like prostitutes find ann coulter offensive? Do red haired Irish ladies find Kathy Griffin offensive?

Archived