October 15 Lucy Chat -- TRANSCRIPT

Brock

Any point running this chat around the table?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Any point running this chat around the table?

Is anyone up for an inaugural "Lucy" chat on Friday, October 15 at 9 PM EST?

I thought to kick-start the 60th Year of I Love Lucy we could watch and chat about Lucy Thinks Ricky Is Trying To Murder Her in real time and then continue to yak about whatever tickles our fancy afterwards. What do you think? If successful maybe we could make it a weekly or bi-weekly thing with one episode per session.

Let me know if this works. If not, leave suggestions of alternate dates or times below.

I'm in, can't wait, wish you had started with a better show though.

Gee, I wonder why he chose that one?? I'm up for it except that -- sorry to be the wet blanket, per usual! -- I'm California time and probably not home from work in time to join the festivities....otherwise, what a fun idea!! biggrin.gif

Gee, I wonder why he chose that one?? I'm up for it except that -- sorry to be the wet blanket, per usual! -- I'm California time and probably not home from work in time to join the festivities....otherwise, what a fun idea!! biggrin.gif

I understand but imagine how hard it is to come up with a convenient time for EVERYBODY. The only reason i'm in is because it's my day off.

• 2 weeks later...

Why in the world would you need reference materials to chat?? THis should be fun, not HOMEWORK!! Besides, who doesn't know these episodes backwards and forwards?? blink.gif

Yes, you pain in the a$$, B E C A U S E we know everything about that damned episode, i N E E D the reference books to be able to provide some insight or comment that has not been said a thousand times, LOL! :lol:

9 PM. Then we get wait a few minutes for the crowd to flood in ( <_< ) and then start our DVDs. We can have a countdown. lol

What if the CROWD overwhelms the system and the site shuts down? Do we go back to the old board then? Remember to FORM A LINE and go on two by two's, especially try and not have a VIEW type conversation with none of us getting a word in ETCHWIZE. :lol:

That was a fun chat, everyone! Thanks to Claude, Amanda, David, Daniel, and Brian for popping by. Discovered the dark side of Lucy Thinks Ricky Is Trying to Murder Her, and then tried to go to the Copa for the Mertzes anniversary. I'll post the transcript when it is ready.

I was in the chat room on my own for about 2 hours last night. so pointless in us uk people joining.

But you know what they say Mark, the only way to have a truly intelligent conversation is to have it with yourself. I'm sure Brockie can schedule one for YOUR time period one day. I noticed your name in chat and wondered why you were there, i guess i should have gone in to join you, i will next time that happens.

Here is the transcript! You need to read each post from bottom to top. I have yet to figure out how to reverse the order. :lol:

Today, 02:05 AM Amanda Lol!!

Today, 02:05 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT did you get a load of Ricky's SAD Situation chest wise? LOL!

Today, 02:05 AM Brock I'm glad they didn't go overbudget with the mockingbird cover art. :lol:

Today, 02:05 AM Brian always looked delicious

Today, 02:05 AM Amanda HELD OVER - RICKY RICARDO AND HIS ORCHESTRA..........

Today, 02:04 AM Amanda Lucy's reading....intently

Today, 02:04 AM Brock The cold cream and cheddar cheese spread are cunningly lined up...

Today, 02:04 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT i watched the bonus features and was shocked to see they only had carpeting halfway through that bedroom, God was that man CHEAP!

Today, 02:04 AM Brock Okay, LET 'ER ROLLLLL............

Today, 02:04 AM Amanda okay 0 it's starting!!

Today, 02:03 AM Brian ready and waiting

Today, 02:03 AM Brock Viv and Bill's names are fading out...\

Today, 02:03 AM Amanda are we all looking at the satin heart?

Today, 02:03 AM Brock The theme song has just finished and I've paused it. Chime in when you're ready Amanda and Brian.

Today, 02:03 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT no i can go back

Today, 02:03 AM Brock Okay, let's go! Claude jumped the gun. LOL

Today, 02:03 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT you wanna me to freeze it?

Today, 02:02 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT theme song's playing

Today, 02:02 AM Brock Hold on. let's start again. I had a DVD malfunction. :lol:

Today, 02:02 AM Brock 9

Today, 02:02 AM Amanda yes

Today, 02:02 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT ready freddie

Today, 02:02 AM Brock 10...

Today, 02:02 AM Brian yep

Today, 02:02 AM Brock Is everyone ready?

Today, 02:02 AM Amanda okay - let the countdown begin!!

Today, 02:01 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT My dvd s rarin to go

Today, 02:01 AM Amanda Oh no - not "that's what she said!"

Today, 02:01 AM Brock When do you want to start the Mockingbird Murder Mystery?

Today, 02:01 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT Keep your mind out of the gutter this is a g rated site

Today, 02:01 AM Brock "Come again?" That's what she said! :lol:

Today, 02:01 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT Oh i get it, 60 years for that particular show

Today, 02:00 AM Brian Exactly at this time 59 yrs ago...life changed for ever

Today, 02:00 AM Brock It's the 59th Anniversary of ILL...

Today, 02:00 AM Amanda yeah = i'm confused!

Today, 02:00 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT Come again?

Today, 02:00 AM Brian lol

Today, 02:00 AM Brock The first 59 are the hardest!

Today, 01:59 AM Brian Happy anniversay!!!

Today, 01:59 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT Tricks are for kids

Today, 01:59 AM Brock How's tricks?

Today, 01:59 AM Brian Hi Brock

Today, 01:59 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT I see my typing has not improved

Today, 01:59 AM Brock Greetings, Gates! Lets cut a rug!

Today, 01:59 AM Brian Hi Amanda

Today, 01:59 AM Amanda He's here.............

Today, 01:59 AM Brock Brock has entered the room

Today, 01:59 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT i JUST WATCHED AN HOR'S WORTH OF bONUS FEATURES FROM THE DISC THAT SHOW THE EP WE'LL BE WATCHING TONIGHT

Today, 01:58 AM Amanda Hi Brian!!

Today, 01:58 AM Brian how are you all?

Today, 01:58 AM Brian hey!!!

Today, 01:58 AM Amanda Not much - how about you? Been watching alot of Lucy?

Today, 01:58 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT Yo, Amanda sweetie, what is up with you?

Today, 01:57 AM Amanda Helllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooo

Today, 01:57 AM Amanda Amanda has entered the room

Today, 01:57 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT YO BRIAN, WASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUP?

Today, 01:56 AM MORETHANONESUBJECT MORETHANONESUBJECT has entered the room

Today, 01:50 AM Brian Brian has entered the room

Archived