Lucy the Skydiver

I know I can watch this episode right now (haven't seen it in awhile) but how did Lucy end up going skydiving? For Unique Employment Agency publicity? I am 90% certain that I'm going skydiving this June, for my 24th birthday. I just keep picturing Lucy being afraid to jump out of the plane.

Instructor: do you want to let all those people waiting for you down?

:lucy2: No

Instructor: Then you'll JUMP?! :D

:lucy2: *crying* No . . . :(

How did they do the "special effects" of Lucy falling out of the plane, and the parachuter in the sky? All Lucie said was it was special effects. Unless they were miniatures and the parachutist was a toy. I love how she had to wear a full bodied jumpsuit when nowadays people wear their regular clothes.

I know I can watch this episode right now (haven't seen it in awhile) but how did Lucy end up going skydiving? For Unique Employment Agency publicity? I am 90% certain that I'm going skydiving this June, for my 24th birthday. I just keep picturing Lucy being afraid to jump out of the plane.

How did they do the "special effects" of Lucy falling out of the plane, and the parachuter in the sky? All Lucie said was it was special effects. Unless they were miniatures and the parachutist was a toy. I love how she had to wear a full bodied jumpsuit when nowadays people wear their regular clothes.

The behind the scenes of the skydiving episode was in the best of Here's Lucy DVD with the 24 "best" episodes bought out by MPI in 2004 - I'm sure it's still available on Amazon.

Wasn't it to advertize the Agency yet again? And i'm sure all the technical stuff must have been shot without an audience, all they got to see was Lucy crashing onto the set through the roof. Which was still brave to do for a lady her age. But she'd flown on a wire over an audience before so . . .

Basically to get her close-up shots of flying, the built this rig where Lucy was held at an angle over a large fan that blew up at her. They could also move the rig to simulate het moving around in the air. This extra is on the above mentioned disk along with commentary by the kids. Bu e backstage shots of Lucy preparing to do the crash through the roof too.

Yes I saw the behind the scenes featurette which was cool (Why couldn't they do one for Kiddie Parties Inc?) and one of the kids joked that they should make that into a ride at Disneyland, but how did they do the shots of Lucy and the instructor falling out of the plane? No, I don't mean the fake motion simulated plane that was being blown on by wind fans to give the illusion that it was flying.

Yes I saw the behind the scenes featurette which was cool (Why couldn't they do one for Kiddie Parties Inc?) and one of the kids joked that they should make that into a ride at Disneyland, but how did they do the shots of Lucy and the instructor falling out of the plane? No, I don't mean the fake motion simulated plane that was being blown on by wind fans to give the illusion that it was flying.

Sorry Ched, haven't seen it in a while and forgot there was a behind the scenes feature.

Archived