What do you call them?

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread... but when you are talking about our favorite redhead or any of the others who are involved with her since the wonderful I Love Lucy came on the air, how do you refer to them??

To be honest... I don't refer to their character names like I find most people doing.. I call them Lucille, Vivian, Desssi and Bill as a matter of fact I don't think I have called them by their character names for years.. just curious how you guys address our fave foursome..

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread... but when you are talking about our favorite redhead or any of the others who are involved with her since the wonderful I Love Lucy came on the air, how do you refer to them??

To be honest... I don't refer to their character names like I find most people doing.. I call them Lucille, Vivian, Desssi and Bill as a matter of fact I don't think I have called them by their character names for years.. just curious how you guys address our fave foursome..

She is always LUCY to me - whether talking about her characters, the real woman, or even her movie roles.

Vivian is Vivian to me although I will refer to her as Ethel when mentioning a bit from the show or something. Same with Desi/Ricky. On the other hand, I so seldom talk about William Frawley he is pretty much Fred to me. I'm kind of surprised Lucy on occasion called him "Fred" herself when mentioning the show in later years. Oh course she never referred to Vivian as Ethel even when discussing the characters.

Archived