Lucy moving to Los Angeles in between seasons

More time than 5 months had to have passed in between the time that Lucy and Viv had a normal life in Danfield, and then Viv was already married and Lucy was relocated in 5 months. I bet, immediately after the conclusion of Lucy the Stockholder (which was supposed to be the season finale but Disc Jockey kept getting preempted until that April) Viv met her second husband and they hit it off immediately and within a couple months they decided to elope, much to Lucy's objections. I forgot the reason why Lucy didn't stay in Danfield but I am sure she spent most of the summer packing, having estate/moving sales, and looking for apartments. Those would've made for interesting storylines and wish we could've seen them.

...but I am sure she spent most of the summer packing, having estate/moving sales, and looking for apartments. Those would've made for interesting storylines and wish we could've seen them.

Possible quote from your proposed episodes:

Mooney: Really, Mrs. Carmichael! What are you thinking, treating the Countess like a common manual labourer!

Countess: That's quite alright. Do remember I grew up here, Mr. Money. :D

Mooney: That's Mooney. :wub:

Lucy: C'mon, Mr. Mooney, lend us a hand. Rosie's just helping Viv and me put together my estate sale.

Mooney: Mrs. Carmichael, people like the Countess have estate sales. People like you, on the other hand, have garahhhhhhhge sales. <_<

Lucy: :MrsRichardCarlson:

Those would have been great episodes, chester -- I wouldv'e liked to have seen them too. (I would have liked seeing more country house on ILL but that's a whole 'nother topic, heehee!)

Luvsbway, a Vegas wedding would have fit her character perfectly! Great idea B)

Brock, you crack me up -- & I can here them all saying their lines! :marionstrong:

Maybe Viv had a quickie wedding in Vegas. That would have been a great 2 partner. Think of all the possibilites for hijinks.

It was all done so suddenly, it makes one curious......could it have been because.....?

"Viv Is Enciente"

More than the coffee table gets burned when Eddie's sloppy kissing gets out of control and Viv has to start letting out her knit suit. To add to Viv's dilemma, she finds out that traveling salesman Eddie has a "Tootsie" in every town and has no intention of settling down. More desperate than ever to get hitched, Lucy helps Viv set her sights on one of the town's most elusive confirmed bachelors, hairdresser Vern Bunson (James Millhollin), ignoring gossip about him and "Grandma's Dandy Candies" owner Bundy (Jay Novello).

I'm sure it was done so drastically differently from season 4 on because of MONEY... Vivian wanted out... and so a NEW format was put together.. she is now basically childless and a career woman about town... so it was a different show practically every two seasons.... and I Love Lucy was a different show almost every season... if you think about it...season 1 a newlywed couple ... season 2 a couple with a baby... season 3 married life in general.. 4 Hollywood.. 5 Europe.. and 6 Country... so Lucy show is 2 dames without a guy... in season 1... and 2 and 3 (although the kids kinda take a back seat) 4 is a single woman in Hollywood... 5 and 6 is about a bank secretary living and working in Hollywood... a far cry from Irene's Life Without George

It was all done so suddenly, it makes one curious......could it have been because.....?

"Viv Is Enciente"

More than the coffee table gets burned when Eddie's sloppy kissing gets out of control and Viv has to start letting out her knit suit. To add to Viv's dilemma, she finds out that traveling salesman Eddie has a "Tootsie" in every town and has no intention of settling down. More desperate than ever to get hitched, Lucy helps Viv set her sights on one of the town's most elusive confirmed bachelors, hairdresser Vern Bunson (James Millhollin), ignoring gossip about him and "Grandma's Dandy Candies" owner Bundy (Jay Novello).

Where were you in the mid 60's to write this?!?! :D

• 1 month later...

What I wanna know is--How did she get to California? She didn't drive, she doesn't have a car! She didn't fly, because later in "Lucy flies to London", she said she'd never flown before. She probably didn't take the train, because she always gets into drastic trouble when she takes the rail. Could she have hitchhiked?

Now that I think about it, she and Jerry probably took the bus.

Archived