Lucy - The "In-Between" Episodes

A number of our favourite Lucy episodes ended before that week's particular calamity was fully resolved. While this was obviously for comedic effect, I sometimes wonder what happened after the cameras stopped rolling. Present your plot ideas for the "in-between" episodes; the subsequent events of an episode's plot whose resolution was never followed up on.

"Lucy's Barbeque" (followup to "The Freezer")

Wrapped in her electric blanket, Lucy leads Ricky and the Mertzes down to the basement to find all the meat roasting away in the furnace. Ricky blows his top and storms out of the building. Feeling sorry for Lucy, the Mertzes help fish out the hunks of meat that aren't totally burnt but rather still edible and start arranging a buffet for the entire building. Fred gets the bright idea to charge money for it. Lucy loves the idea, thinking it'll help her earn her money back, but Fred has no intention of sharing the profits. A fedup Lucy hauls off her share of the meat, takes it down to the tropicana and begins serving dinner to all the guests and band members, which makes Ricky finally forgive her.

"Lucy's Blackout" (followup to "TV Commercial")

Ricky hauls Lucy off the set and orders Joe to drive her home so he can finish up his "Saturday Night Varities". Lucy, who is totally tanked, stares down Joe the entire cab ride home and continues to ask him if it's hot in here to him. After they exit the cab in front of the Mertzes' apartment building and Joe pays the driver, he turns around to discover Lucy has wandered off. Ethel arrives in another taxi just then, returning from visiting her mother. A panicked Joe explains what happened and elists Ethel to help him search the city for her, following every single lead they get from people who claim to have seen drunken redheads bumbling around. Come next morning, there isn't a sign of her anywhere, leading them head back to East 68th street to report the news to Ricky. They enter the Ricardo's apartment only to find Lucy passed out on the couch. She hadn't wandered off, she'd gone home (and entertained many of the tenants with her Vitametavegamin spiel before passing out as well)! When Lucy wakes up, she has no recollection of the previous day's events whatsoever, but she is pretty hungover. When Ethel whips out a bottle of you-know-what to help her symptoms, it all comes flooding back to Lucy and she faints dead away.

LOL! Great storylines but in all honesty I can't see them playing out as actual shows - The ending of "Lucy's Blackout" is very reminiscent of "Job Switching". Love the idea though, you're always great at coming up with these sort of storylines!

I wonder what they did in the summer. Did central air conditioning exist in the 50s? Also, in the season 3 finale, Ricky states that they are spending the entire summer in Del Mar, California, but then they go to Hollywood several months later. I thought that's what you meant by "in between" episodes.

I wonder what they did in the summer. Did central air conditioning exist in the 50s? Also, in the season 3 finale, Ricky states that they are spending the entire summer in Del Mar, California, but then they go to Hollywood several months later. I thought that's what you meant by "in between" episodes.

That's absolutely valid as well! Basically anything referred to or implied that happened after an episode ended works. Those were just two examples I did. I'd love to know what the Ricardo's experience in Del Mar was like. In-between seasons is equally as interesting.

LOL! Great storylines but in all honesty I can't see them playing out as actual shows - The ending of "Lucy's Blackout" is very reminiscent of "Job Switching". Love the idea though, you're always great at coming up with these sort of storylines!

Oh no, absolutely not. There's a reason the episodes ended when they did. But you have to wonder what did happen after the fact...

Archived