Annual S.T.A.G.E. Show this Weekend!

STAGE-2013-Home-Graphic.gif

A constellation of Broadway, TV and film stars are set to perform for the 29th Annual S.T.A.G.E. Gala to benefit AIDS Project Los Angeles.

The cast includes: Jim Bailey, Patrick Cassidy, Mary Jo Catlett, Carole Cook, Karen Culliver, Tyne Daly, Joeyl Fisher, Davis Gaines, Kathy Garrick, Gordon Goodman, Marsha Kramer, Florence Henderson, Shirley Jones, Jane Lanier, Vicki Lewis, Kimberly Locke, Tom Lowe, Pat Marshall, Patricia Morrison, Alex Newell, Michael Orland, Janis Paige, Madison Claire Parks, Valarie Pettiford, Andrew Rannells, Bruce Vilanch, Lisa Vroman, Lilias White, Terri White and Jo Anne Worley. George Gray will be the celebrity auctioneer. Directed by David Galligan with music director John McDaniel.

The gala is set for Saturday, April 6 at 8 p.m. at The Saban Theatre, 8440 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills. For more information about the venue, visit sabantheatre.org.

S.T.A.G.E. is the longest-running annual musical HIV/AIDS fundraiser in the world. This one-night-only gala raises critical funds for AIDS Project Los Angeles (APLA), one of the largest non-profit AIDS service organizations in the United States. With nearly 30 years of service, APLA is a community-based, volunteer-supported organization with local, national, and global reach.

For tickets and detailed information, visit stagela.com or apla.org/stage

STAGE-2013-Home-Graphic.gif

A constellation of Broadway, TV and film stars are set to perform for the 29th Annual S.T.A.G.E. Gala to benefit AIDS Project Los Angeles.

The cast includes: Jim Bailey, Patrick Cassidy, Mary Jo Catlett, Carole Cook, Karen Culliver, Tyne Daly, Joeyl Fisher, Davis Gaines, Kathy Garrick, Gordon Goodman, Marsha Kramer, Florence Henderson, Shirley Jones, Jane Lanier, Vicki Lewis, Kimberly Locke, Tom Lowe, Pat Marshall, Patricia Morrison, Alex Newell, Michael Orland, Janis Paige, Madison Claire Parks, Valarie Pettiford, Andrew Rannells, Bruce Vilanch, Lisa Vroman, Lilias White, Terri White and Jo Anne Worley. George Gray will be the celebrity auctioneer. Directed by David Galligan with music director John McDaniel.

The gala is set for Saturday, April 6 at 8 p.m. at The Saban Theatre, 8440 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills. For more information about the venue, visit sabantheatre.org.

S.T.A.G.E. is the longest-running annual musical HIV/AIDS fundraiser in the world. This one-night-only gala raises critical funds for AIDS Project Los Angeles (APLA), one of the largest non-profit AIDS service organizations in the United States. With nearly 30 years of service, APLA is a community-based, volunteer-supported organization with local, national, and global reach.

For tickets and detailed information, visit stagela.com or apla.org/stage

Joey: Thanks so much for telling us about this great event. Will you be attending? Love, JK

I'm going! I go every year and this is a great cast. JoAnn Worley hasn't done it before (at least the shows I've seen). didn't realize our own impressionist Jim Bailey was going to be there.

And Joey: Mrs. Marty Ingels has had so much plastic surgery she looks VERY odd in the picture. But who is that shorter white haired woman with her?

I'm going! I go every year and this is a great cast. JoAnn Worley hasn't done it before (at least the shows I've seen). didn't realize our own impressionist Jim Bailey was going to be there.

And Joey: Mrs. Marty Ingels has had so much plastic surgery she looks VERY odd in the picture. But who is that shorter white haired woman with her?

And here I was looking forward to seeing you again....bitch! ;)

You're sure grouchy this morning, Mrs. Ingels!

Like I'm serious....I'm really looking forward to this as 1) it's for a great cause, 2) we get to see favorite folk, old and new who rarely get an opportunity to "strut their stuff" anymore to do so before an adoring audience and 3) it brings far away friends like NW out to LA to "hob nob with the stars"! ;)

and here's an update.... :D

Broadway/TV Stars Sutton Foster and Andrew Rannels To Appear In 29th Annual S.T.A.G.E. Event

One-Night-Only Performance Will Benefit AIDS Project Los Angeles

Los Angeles, Calif (Feb. 4, 2013) -- Two-time Tony® Award winner SUTTON FOSTER and Tony nominee and Grammy® Award winner ANDREW RANNELLS (Book of Mormon; NBC's New Normal) will perform for the first time in the 29th Annual Southland Theatre Artists Goodwill Event (S.T.A.G.E.), held on Saturday, April 6 at the historic Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills.

Foster is a Broadway veteran, having received the Tony Award for "Anything Goes" and "Thoroughly Modern Millie." She also originated roles in "Little Women," "The Drowsy Chaperone," and "Young Frankenstein," among others, and currently stars in the ABC Family series "Bunheads."

Rannells received a Tony nomination for his starring role in "The Book of Mormon," for which he also received a Grammy Award for Best Broadway Cast Album. Andrew also appeared on Broadway in "Hairspray" and "Jersey Boys," among others. He currently stars in the Golden Globe®-winning HBO comedy series "Girls" and in NBC's hit comedy series "The New Normal."

Other Broadway stars scheduled to appear in the concert that raises money for AIDS Project Los Angeles include PATRICK CASSIDY, CAROLE COOK, KAREN CULLIVER, TYNE DALY, DAVIS GAINES, FLORENCE HENDERSON, SHIRLEY(Mrs. Marty Ingels) JONES, JANE LANIER, VICKIE LEWIS, KIMBERLY LOCKE, TOM LOWE, PAT MARSHALL, PATRICIA MORISON, JANIS PAIGE, MADISON CLAIRE PARKS, VALARIE PETTIFORD, ANDREW SAMONSKY, JAMES SNYDER, BRUCE VILANCH and JOANNE WORLEY.

Additional casting to be announced.

S.T.A.G.E. will mark its 29th production with a new theme for this year: “Broadway, My Way,” which will showcase this exciting cast performing popular Broadway musical numbers in their own contemporary styles. Since its first show in 1984, the event has featured more than 300 stars of Broadway, film, and television while raising millions of dollars for APLA and other Southern California AIDS service organizations. This year, Wells Fargo will serve as the event’s Presenting Sponsor; the financial services company doubled its longtime support of the event this year, offering a $50,000 cash contribution to support the event and APLA’s direct services.

Funds raised through S.T.A.G.E. will support APLA programs including its Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; freestanding and mobile dental clinics; in-home health services; housing assistance; HIV prevention and testing efforts; and a range of other APLA services that thousands of Angelenos who are affected by HIV/AIDS depend on. S.T.A.G.E. is among the most enduring and valuable sources of private support for the agency’s HIV/AIDS care, prevention, and advocacy work.

For tickets and detailed information, visit: www.stagela.com or www.apla.org/stage.

Archived