"Lucy" & The World's Fair

Here is a great clipping where Lucy talks about the upcoming season of The Lucy Show as well as Mr. and Mrs. Curiously, she mentions they were planning on doing three "World's Fair" episodes in conjunction with Lucy Day. Do we know what the other two plot lines were above and beyond The Great Bank Robbery?

img0016B.jpg

Here is a great clipping where Lucy talks about the upcoming season of The Lucy Show as well as Mr. and Mrs. Curiously, she mentions they were planning on doing three "World's Fair" episodes in conjunction with Lucy Day. Do we know what the other two plot lines were above and beyond The Great Bank Robbery?

img0016B.jpg

More cool "history"! I don't know about the extra episodes but since she did actually go it would have been cool in retrospect if they'd filmed footage and wove it into a storyline about how she, Viv and and the kids attended the Fair! :D Naturally, comic mishaps would have ensued, no doubt! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just LOVE that special feature on the dvd... Tony really adds to the fun and dang SHE looks like she is really enjoying herself.  Gary looks like a shit head in some of the shots.. trying to be a BIG man.. sometimes he just pisses me off... but Hedda and Lucy seem to be having a great time.  I really love the Nelson Riddle Lucy Show Theme playing them out.  it is a delight to hear the excitement in Tony's voice when he adds his own flavor to the footage.  I bet he'd be fun to watch some episodes with!  Anyhow, that little documentary is really a fun ride.  Too bad NOTHING like that happens today.. who cares if any star of today goes to a world's fair??? Do they even have World's Fairs anymore??  Well if they did.. who cares if a major star goes to it??  I wouldn't lol!.. Well maybe Merryl Streep or Dolly Parton lol!

This is probably my most rewatched feature on all the TLS and HL sets. Amazing to see her be on for the whole day and she looks happy, hot at some points but happy. I love the shot of her in the elevator. That small time when she relaxes. Most of the time Gary looks a little annoyed but when they are in top of the NY pavilion they look great.

The narration from Tony and the World's Fair guy are what top this off. So much great info.

I agree and just LOVE it also.  We had one here in '67 and I'm sure that's what put us in the running for a "Lucy in" special.  When Paris turned them down, they went to London, and when London did not succeed as well as they would have wanted, they cancelled all the others that were possibilities, including OURS.  I remember reading that in a TV Guide issue.  Lucy Day, it is said, had more people showing up for Lucy than any ten other celebrities put together.

Archived