Some of my Favorite Things

Luvsbway

Got a weird idea for a thread.

What is a favorite thing, place, location, object, idea, etc… of yours that outright does not have to do with Lucy but you like it because once of the many things it has is a Lucy connection, makes you think of Lucy etc…, thus making that thing all the more better.

Mine would be the Imperial Theatre in NYC. For the non-Lucy reasons enough here is why it is my favorite. I have been there more than any other Bway theatre, 7 times. I saw my first Bway show there on my 15th birthday (Les Mes). I got engaged in the front row there in 2006 (DRS). I was back stage and on stage of this theatre. It’s got a great interior. It has never been renamed.

Now to add to all of that the Lucy connection and hands down it confirms this to be my favorite. Those connections would be it was mentioned at least twice on ILL. The outside was shown in Lucy’s Night in Town. Both Desi and Lucie (I saw her when I saw DRS for the 5th time) made their Bway débuts there. 3 out of 4 ILL cast members did a show on that stage.

So what are your “things

What is a favorite thing, place, location, object, idea, etc… of yours that outright does not have to do with Lucy but you like it because once of the many things it has is a Lucy connection, makes you think of Lucy etc…, thus making that thing all the more better.

Mine would be the Imperial Theatre in NYC. For the non-Lucy reasons enough here is why it is my favorite. I have been there more than any other Bway theatre, 7 times. I saw my first Bway show there on my 15th birthday (Les Mes). I got engaged in the front row there in 2006 (DRS). I was back stage and on stage of this theatre. It’s got a great interior. It has never been renamed.

Now to add to all of that the Lucy connection and hands down it confirms this to be my favorite. Those connections would be it was mentioned at least twice on ILL. The outside was shown in Lucy’s Night in Town. Both Desi and Lucie (I saw her when I saw DRS for the 5th time) made their Bway débuts there. 3 out of 4 ILL cast members did a show on that stage.

So what are your “things

When I went to the Cavett show taping, I remembered Lucy had sat in the chair I was looking at, except now it was Maureen O'Sullivan who was resting her tush in it, and even Maureen had a Lucy connection. Thought the same thing when I went to the Letterman show thinking Lucy had been a guest of Ed Sullivan's so many times. Same theater.

My Lucille-yard of childhood lilac bush in front of my home; my granddaughter's birth on the same day as Lucille's; my father and aunt went to school with her; many other things; but, my chronology, which keeps me in her life every day.... these are some of my favorite things.

So what are your “things

The lilac trees, that Lucy loved so much are now in bloom all over the city and even in my own backyard where three of different colors greet me when I climb the stairs, I think of her every single time I see a lilac bush or tree. Even our family cemetery plot has this HUMONGOUS hedge of lilacs and it just makes the whole area incredibly beautiful.

I love your story about the Imperial Theatre, Luvsbway. I don't have a Lucy connection to a place, but I also have a lilac tree that smells so glorious right now, & since reading a few weeks ago that Joyce had lilacs from Lucy's childhood home I have thought of her a few times when I walk by it.

(I can share a Lucy connection in my home that does have to do with Lucy, though -- I framed two photographs of her & they are on display with family & friend pictures. One is of Lucy & Desi, the other is of Lucy, Desi, Viv & Bill. I told my husband they are included because they feel like family.)

I love your story about the Imperial Theatre, Luvsbway. I don't have a Lucy connection to a place, but I also have a lilac tree that smells so glorious right now, & since reading a few weeks ago that Joyce had lilacs from Lucy's childhood home I have thought of her a few times when I walk by it.

(I can share a Lucy connection in my home that does have to do with Lucy, though -- I framed two photographs of her & they are on display with family & friend pictures. One is of Lucy & Desi, the other is of Lucy, Desi, Viv & Bill. I told my husband they are included because they feel like family.)

Vivfantoo:

Now THAT is a lovely honor of Lucille; thanks for doing it; I firmly believe they ARE MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY!!!!

Lilacs and Roses have always been my favorite flowers. Roses are beautiful in general and lilacs are so beautiful here in Wisconsin, oh and that smell! Roses remind me of Lucy due to the beauty and the red. But as for lilacs I'll just tell you when I was about 11 and read her biography I was dying because they were her favorite too. Lol.

I also always had a love of red hair, no matter who it was on. I always wanted my hair red my entire life. If that isn't a good Lucy connection I don't know what is. Lol. But now as a faithful red head I love it even more.

Lilacs and Roses have always been my favorite flowers. Roses are beautiful in general and lilacs are so beautiful here in Wisconsin, oh and that smell! Roses remind me of Lucy due to the beauty and the red. But as for lilacs I'll just tell you when I was about 11 and read her biography I was dying because they were her favorite too. Lol.

I also always had a love of red hair, no matter who it was on. I always wanted my hair red my entire life. If that isn't a good Lucy connection I don't know what is. Lol. But now as a faithful red head I love it even more.

Was yours RED or ORANGE red like hers? I promise to get those Life with Lucy done for you the next time beau comes to town and has more than an hour to spare.

Was yours RED or ORANGE red like hers? I promise to get those Life with Lucy done for you the next time beau comes to town and has more than an hour to spare.

Mine is more of a 1940's Lucy red, well it fades each month to a reddish orange, because of the blonde in my hair. I don't know if I'd look good with the 1950s and beyond henna red. It looks remarkable on her but few can pull that shade off.

Speaking of hair, I tend to wear my hair in various vintage styles. Usually pin curls put up in a messy bun with a bandana. But funny story is that at work one of the managers said to me 'You remind me of Lucy. Your hair and just the way you act.' I laughed and showed her my watch, which is Lucy, and just told her just how much I love Lucy.

Another lady just thought I reminded her of Lucy Ricardo. Basically because I set up a shelf and it fell with all of the product on it and said 'Ewhh'. First time I ever talked to her too. Lol. So half of the place calls me Lucy now. Lol. I just think it's funny how much the little things I've picked up from the character and even just Miss Ball have such an influence on me personally.

Also on that Lucy DVD, no biggie! You need time with your beau! I'll get it when I get it! :D

Lilacs were my favorite flower as well and when I found out Lucy loved them as well, that just made them that much more special!

Peanut butter and jelly always reminds me of Lucy.

Mine is more of a 1940's Lucy red, well it fades each month to a reddish orange, because of the blonde in my hair. I don't know if I'd look good with the 1950s and beyond henna red. It looks remarkable on her but few can pull that shade off.

Speaking of hair, I tend to wear my hair in various vintage styles. Usually pin curls put up in a messy bun with a bandana. But funny story is that at work one of the managers said to me 'You remind me of Lucy. Your hair and just the way you act.' I laughed and showed her my watch, which is Lucy, and just told her just how much I love Lucy.

Another lady just thought I reminded her of Lucy Ricardo. Basically because I set up a shelf and it fell with all of the product on it and said 'Ewhh'. First time I ever talked to her too. Lol. So half of the place calls me Lucy now. Lol. I just think it's funny how much the little things I've picked up from the character and even just Miss Ball have such an influence on me personally.

Also on that Lucy DVD, no biggie! You need time with your beau! I'll get it when I get it! :D

Well, I felt so bad hearing your story on the other thread that i'm thinking of giving you the dvds I already have of the unaired eps or something like that in the meantime.

Lilacs were my favorite flower as well and when I found out Lucy loved them as well, that just made them that much more special!

Peanut butter and jelly always reminds me of Lucy.

Funny, I grew up in an area full of lilac trees, E V E R Y W H E R E and yet, I only found out about the Lucy connection much later in life, I find it funny that there are THREE huge lilac trees at the house I live in now and even lilac bushes almost next to our family headstone at the cemetary too.

Archived