Viv's Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Brock

Just stumbled across some terrific snap shots of Viv's siblings Dorothy, Mickie and Robert*, Gale, Lucie, Bob, Madelyn, etc., presiding over Viv's long-overdue induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame:

http://allanellenberger.com/tag/gale-gordon/

I hope at least one Lounger depicted in these photos will pop by and share some of his memories of the occasion!

Is that Carole's red mane popping out from behind Mr. Jones?

*Lou Ann was living overseas (Paris?) at this time.

Just stumbled across some terrific snap shots of Viv's siblings Dorothy, Mickie and Robert*, Gale, Lucie, Bob, Madelyn, etc., presiding over Viv's long-overdue induction into the Hollywood Walk of Fame:

http://allanellenber...ag/gale-gordon/

I hope at least one Lounger depicted in these photos will pop by and share some of his memories of the occasion!

Is that Carole's red mane popping out from behind Mr. Jones?

*Lou Ann was living overseas (Paris?) at this time.

Yes, that is the one and only Carole Cook's bouffant back there in color shot #3. Tom Watson is just to the left and behind Gale; Kieth Dodge (Lucie's right hand man) not really visible but behind Gale. In color shot #2 Michael Stern is just visible at the right.

It was a lovely ceremony back in February of 1991. Lucie spoke eloquently (as usual) of her friendship and mentor, Viv, along with family and friends. It was a huge turnout and if I remember correctly, even an open air Hollywood bus with tourists stopped by in the middle of the ceremony and all held up big letters that spelled out VIVIVAN VANCE and everyone present gave a rousing cheer and applause.

Viv was properly (and finally!) given a wonderful tribute.

Nice pics, Brock, thanks for posting them. I imagine VIvian would have looked a lot like her sister if she had lived as long. The resemblance is unmistakable. So glad she finally got a well deserved star.

For a moment, the man in the gray suit/red tie standing behind Lucie looked like the actor who played her father in ILL "Ethel's Hometown"! :lucythrill:

Archived