Make Room for Granddaddy

• 2 months later...

It was p.r.'d somewhere I read that Danny Thomas was 'in the running' for the purchase of Desilu way back then; anyone KNOW why Lucille didn't sell to him? Thanks, if you do.

Because they weren't offering enough money is what I've always read. It was logical for Danny and Sheldon Leonard to make an offer as they were filming all their shows at the studio.

I think this was a very funny episode .. AND a great Lucy Carter is shown... Miss Carter has a lot of Carmichael/Ricardo in her and is VERY funny... too bad Danny's writers didn't write for Here's Lucy! I enjoyed all of it.. and really like when Mrs. Carter calls Mary Jane and asks for her help!

Yeah, guess Mary Jane was her new ETHEL by then.

It was p.r.'d somewhere I read that Danny Thomas was 'in the running' for the purchase of Desilu way back then; anyone KNOW why Lucille didn't sell to him? Thanks, if you do.

I didn't know he was trying to buy Desilu outright, but there was talk of a merger at one point, well before the actual sale to G&W. Don't know why it fell through.

I didn't know he was trying to buy Desilu outright, but there was talk of a merger at one point, well before the actual sale to G&W. Don't know why it fell through.

Merger? She never wanted to still be involved, she wanted money for it and they didn't offer enough.

Archived