C.A.R.T.S.

AS PROMISED: and just to make this topic easy to find for those of the Lounge with interest in City bus routes:

Brock: The mystery is solved; CARTS do not run on Saturday and Sunday.

Don't have any idea whether the system might be able to make 'special runs' on the days of the Festival; but; will check. That would mean enough interest would have to insure they fill a bus (about 20) to make it financially feasible for them to do so.

Folks who come in earlier than Saturday, though, and stay later than Sunday, have the ability to take advantage of a economical way of getting around.

The hours, Monday - Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - from Railway Station (now called Junction/Passages) departure and return, $2.25 (seniors + 60 and disabled: $1.75)

For instance: ONE-ROUND TRIP - Passages earliest route: 6:45 a - through Jamestown, 3rd St. via Fairmount, Rt. 394, through Lakewood and Celoron; return to Passages: 7:22 a; A person could get off in Celoron; spend as much time as wanted/needed in Celoron, and get the bus up to 4:17 p.m. for return to Jamestoww via Jones & Gifford,

ONE-ROUND TRIP - through Celoron (the REVERSE ROUTE) leaves Junction - 6:00 a.m. through Celoron, etc., etc.back to Junction by 7:00 a.m. every 45 minutes, approx, up to 3:30 p.m.

THESE TWO ROUTES RUN ROUGHLY EVERY 45 MINUTES FROM EITHER 6 a - 6:45 a LEAVING JUNCTION

Anyone wishing to avail themselves of Friday, Monday or other week-day schedules can let me know; I'll make up some copies of the route, so it is more perfectly clear.

I'll get back to you about 'special bus runs', if possible, on Saturdays & Sundays - again, probably a full or near-full bus

Archived