DVD Releases Coming for 'The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast'!

Looks like there's a new package DVD release in the works of all the Dean Martin "Roasts", and you know who is inevitably hopefully going to be included!

Here's a link to the full news bulletin over on the wundaful site TVShowsOnDVD.com:

http://www.tvshowson...ity-Roast/18512

Also of possible interest to many folks here is the news that more Carol Burnett on DVD appears to be on the way as well as the great albeit preliminary news that more Carol Burnett Show 'Family' sketch spinoff sitcom Mama's Family DVDs may also be finally coming our way!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Carol-Burnett-Christmas-with-Carol/18513

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mamas-Family-Seasons-1-and-2/18515

All I can say is ooh my poor bank account and Woohoo!!! :lucyhaha::lucydisgust::lucyshock:

Nice, but what I really want to see is all of the original "family" sketches from TCBS released together as a set. Also, that one-shot "family" special would be great. I still have my VHS recording from the original broadcast of that show in which Mama dies at the end.

Season 1 of Mama's Family is being re-released, and Season 2 is being released for the first time. It is believed that these sets will have the original network episodes. It would be great if the tv-special, Eunice, could be an extra! This is the special refered to above, starring Carol Burnett as Eunice, Vicki Lawrence as Mama, Harvey Korman, Ken Berry and Betty White.

Season 1 of Mama's Family is being re-released, and Season 2 is being released for the first time. It is believed that these sets will have the original network episodes. It would be great if the tv-special, Eunice, could be an extra! This is the special refered to above, starring Carol Burnett as Eunice, Vicki Lawrence as Mama, Harvey Korman, Ken Berry and Betty White.

The whole Eunice special is posted on youtube in numerous segments: 9, I think

I would welcome all of the Dean Martin roasts and Carol Burnett's FAMILY sketches on DVD, they should have come out years ago. I already have Lucy's roast, thank God. A copy but flawless and I always loved the Family sketches, they were the best of her series.

Speaking of new releases, this June a new volume of Johnny Carson's tonight show is coming out! This volume has the complete 10th anniversary show and another complete show as well as bonus features. Carson's company is making it very clear that in order for them to continue to release shows these must sell well. So even if you aren't as big a Carson fan as I am im begging you to go out and get it. Then they might release the Lucy interviews along with the other big stars that did the show!

Speaking of new releases, this June a new volume of Johnny Carson's tonight show is coming out! This volume has the complete 10th anniversary show and another complete show as well as bonus features. Carson's company is making it very clear that in order for them to continue to release shows these must sell well. So even if you aren't as big a Carson fan as I am im begging you to go out and get it. Then they might release the Lucy interviews along with the other big stars that did the show!

Whenever ANY of them release something with Lucy on it, i'm in, otherwise they can keep it all. I am not interested in buying anything with The Osmonds, Merv Griffin, or even Dean and Carol if Lucy is not featured on them.

Whenever ANY of them release something with Lucy on it, i'm in, otherwise they can keep it all. I am not interested in buying anything with The Osmonds, Merv Griffin, or even Dean and Carol if Lucy is not featured on them.

But my point is that for them to continue to release shows WITH lucy in them we need to buy what they are putting out now.

But my point is that for them to continue to release shows WITH lucy in them we need to buy what they are putting out now.

I'm sorry but for the osmonds, Merv Carol and Dean to release anything without HER being in the first one out means I'm out and no longer interested, I get your point, but if they didn't give a hoot about making sure Lucy would help sell their first releases by including her in, they're too stupid to know how to handle these things. You'll get me interested in your product when you include, the first Lady of Comedy, sorry, just how I personally feel. Like it said on the cover of a bio by Canadian Dave Broadfoot today, I`M OLD ENOUGH TO SAY ANYTHING I WANT, LOL!

I too would love a DVD of all the Family skits from the Burnett show and the Eunice special could be an added bonus.

What's far more likely to happen is the EUNICE special will be released on dvd and a couple of Family skits from TCBS will be bonus features. It's rare for any bonus feature to run over a hour, otherwise they'd released it as a solo.

I would love to see a set of the skits too but that's a lot of work to go through and pull them out and not sure if any of these dvd companies will bother doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

What's far more likely to happen is the EUNICE special will be released on dvd and a couple of Family skits from TCBS will be bonus features. It's rare for any bonus feature to run over a hour, otherwise they'd released it as a solo.

I would love to see a set of the skits too but that's a lot of work to go through and pull them out and not sure if any of these dvd companies will bother doing it.

Announced today, The Eunice tele-film is to be included on the first season Mama's Family set, being released in September!

• 1 month later...

Lucy's Roast is included in the new set -- and she features on the cover as well:

http://www.oldies.co...iew/54369O.html

The extras look interesting too!

Well, there ya go, finally someone knows how to SELL something, put Lucy on the cover, not like those idiots that sold us Carson, Griffin and Osmond compilations. If Lucy`s not on the cover, or at least IN the DVD, then they can keep them.

Archived