The Here's Lucy Move From Paramount to Universal

Lucy moved her production company from Paramount to Universal as it had become too much for her to remain at her old studio and not be in total control. Also, Universal offered her a much better rental deal and built her an area called "Lucy Lane" with special decorations that housed her own personal hair, makeup and wardrobe department, as well as a private dressing bungalow and one on display for the tourists to see.

Hehe, don't thank me, thank Geoffrey Mark Fidelman! LMAO! I just copied it all from the book :P

The story we heard at the time was that her air conditioner broke down and they were too cheap to change it at Paramount. Well, as the former head of Desilu, now part of Paramount, the treatment seemed miserly to say the least, so they welcomed her with open arms at Universal. One of the if not THE most important person n Hollywood at that time was Lew Wasserman, head of MCA i think which owned Universal said to his people, GIVE THEM ANYTHING THEY WANT, THEY WON'T SCREW US. So Lucy and gary picked fine Chippendale furniture to equip their new offices and Lucy finally had an office that befit her stature. There were pics on the net of the place at one point, it was just luxurious and very beautiful and dignified.

• 11 months later...

The story we heard at the time was that her air conditioner broke down and they were too cheap to change it at Paramount. Well, as the former head of Desilu, now part of Paramount, the treatment seemed miserly to say the least, so they welcomed her with open arms at Universal. One of the if not THE most important person n Hollywood at that time was Lew Wasserman, head of MCA i think which owned Universal said to his people, GIVE THEM ANYTHING THEY WANT, THEY WON'T SCREW US. So Lucy and gary picked fine Chippendale furniture to equip their new offices and Lucy finally had an office that befit her stature. There were pics on the net of the place at one point, it was just luxurious and very beautiful and dignified.

I read about them not fixing the air conditioner and I think that is pretty low .. also, wish I could see pics of the dignified office furnishings!

I read about them not fixing the air conditioner and I think that is pretty low .. also, wish I could see pics of the dignified office furnishings!

Check it out on the net, when you google Lucy and the many pictures on there of her, i think they call them IMAGES, it sometimes shows up in there, looks like a Dynasty set, it's so elegant and opulent. Lush greens and browns, just beautiful.

Archived