Life With Lucy: The Episodes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can recall (detail wise, not much!), you could see it coming from a mile away! (For one thing, you could see the masking tape or whatever they used that ran the edge of the set where the "walls" and floor of the hardware store met, ostensibly to "keep it in line" (from seeping through and making it harder to clean up, I suppose).

One cool aspect was it was supposedly one of the few times one of her shows (with an audience, that is) was shot out of sequence: since the foam was going to make such a huge mess -- and it did! -- so the sequence in the show after the incident (her exit line, going upstairs was "You know, being despised takes a lot out of you!" (which afterward I always found to be sadly prophetic!) ) was filmed before the scene in which there was smoke and the foam was set off. :D

If I remember correctly, they (Lucy & Gale) said their thank-yous, goodnights and thank you for coming from the middle of the "wall of foam", hands waving high above it as best they could. :)

Thanks for this.  The foam scene looks like it was edited down.  Was it?  It would have taken a long time for the foam to fill the set.  I've been to a foam dance so I do know what a mess it makes!

The deleted scene looks like it might have been funny.  What was the idea? Lucy had a small room?

In retrospect the premiere episode was pretty good and I don't think deserved the reviews it got. Had he expectations not been so high, the show might have fared better.  My two big objections: Lucy tapping Gale's sunburned nose was too mean; and the wide shot showing foam coming from another source ruined the bit.

Thanks for this.  The foam scene looks like it was edited down.  Was it?  It would have taken a long time for the foam to fill the set.  I've been to a foam dance so I do know what a mess it makes!

The deleted scene looks like it might have been funny.  What was the idea? Lucy had a small room?

In retrospect the premiere episode was pretty good and I don't think deserved the reviews it got. Had he expectations not been so high, the show might have fared better.  My two big objections: Lucy tapping Gale's sunburned nose was too mean; and the wide shot showing foam coming from another source ruined the bit.

Her hitting his nose was one of the few real laughs though, LOL!  We remembered how mean he had been to her in other shows, so THIS WAS PAYBACK for us Lucy fans, LOL!

Archived