"Bewitched" to get complete series boxset in North America

Mot Morenzi

It's just been announced that Bewitched will be getting a complete series set for the first time in North America. I Dream of Jeannie will also be getting a new complete series set with "shelf-friendly" packaging to replace that cumbersome cardboard bottle set released a few years back.

I'll be passing on these two, as I already own all the individual season sets. Also, and this is a biggie for me, Sony will only be including the colorized editions of the first two seasons (just first season for Jeannie). If they truly wanted to do this right they'd include both. Actually, if they were to do it right, they'd only include B&W, but at least both would give viewers a choice. I own the B&W sets and the color sets and the B&W looks SO much better and far more natural than the very artificial looking "color" copies.

But still, nice they're finally giving Bewitched a boxset, even if they're pandering to the selfish masses by refusing to acknowledge how the first two seasons were meant to be seen.

I swear I'm not usually this bitter <_<

I'm upset there won't be any special features other than the ones that are already on the individual sets. I already have the seasons too, but I would have repurchased the series for extra features. It's a good deal for someone who doesn't own the individual sets though.

I'm upset there won't be any special features other than the ones that are already on the individual sets. I already have the seasons too, but I would have repurchased the series for extra features. It's a good deal for someone who doesn't own the individual sets though.

I agree. The features were kind of lacking on the earlier sets. Pity they can't put together more documentaries or what not...

I'm assuming that these are the same as the individual sets? I also would have preferred just the b/w for the first two seasons but since they were also colorized it made sense to put those also. I really would have loved it it these were put on blu ray instead. But I'll keep hoping.

:desi1: Mira que tienen cosas las gentes estas dios mio!!!

I agree with all of the above, particularly the remark about including the Erin Murphy hosted tour of the Ranch (where all the exteriors were filmed) on the Bewitched set since it DOES exist but only released outside of US -- a stupid, idiotic and frustrating practice I truly don't understand!

Other Sony series getting a repackaged as entire series release along with BW and Jeannie are led-by-my-beloved-Shirley-Jones Partridge Family, the Shield and Damages.

Be nice if they'd do this -- and finally complete! -- The Nanny and The Flying Nun!! Oh, Sony...you really SUCK!!!

There was a complete series set released in Japan a few years ago. It included some extra features including participation from Erin Murphy. Now, why isn't this set being released in North America???????

How unfortunate that never saw release in the states. I always find it funny when overseas releases of American made material get more care and attention than the American sets. MGM did that with Misery. Europe got the documentary and commentary several years before the states finally got a rerelease. Seems like Sony is missing a Golden Opportunity to put that nice feature out in the states with new disc pressings.

I'm sure these shows will get bluray treatment one of these days. I wonder if they'll only be able to include B&W transfers of the earlier years then. Chances are the colorization was applied to standard definition digital transfers around 2000 or so. Its probably a lot more expensive to colorize 1080p images.

Archived