RIP Mr. Moose, Dancing Bear, Grandfather Clock: CAPTAIN KANGAROO's Cosmo Allegretti Dies at 86

Lucyilove

969097_489687527789300_1901887953_n.jpg

A very sad day for the two generations raised on CBS' legendary program CAPTAIN KANGAROO, actor-puppeter Cosmo Allegretti, who was the voice of Mr. Moose, Grandfather Clock, Miss Worm, and appeared in the role of the fumbling painter Dennis has passed away at age 86. Mr. Allegretti was also Dancing Bear (inside the costume) and worked with hand puppet Bunny Rabbit (neither character ever spoke), the two other iconic "animal characters" on the show besides the knock-knock joke-loving Mr. Moose. A truly great man of children's television, rest in peace Cosmo Allegretti.

http://www.people.co...ss-topheadlines

969097_489687527789300_1901887953_n.jpg

A very sad day for the two generations raised on CBS' legendary program CAPTAIN KANGAROO, actor-puppeter Cosmo Allegretti, who was the voice of Mr. Moose, Grandfather Clock, Miss Worm, and appeared in the role of the fumbling painter Dennis has passed away at age 86. Mr. Allegretti was also Dancing Bear (inside the costume) and worked with hand puppet Bunny Rabbit (neither character ever spoke), the two other iconic "animal characters" on the show besides the knock-knock joke-loving Mr. Moose. A truly great man of children's television, rest in peace Cosmo Allegretti.

http://www.people.co...ss-topheadlines

I may never have seen Mr Rogers, but I grew up with Captain Kangaroo, and I remember the dancing bear fondly!

I may never have seen Mr Rogers, but I grew up with Captain Kangaroo, and I remember the dancing bear fondly!

It's odd Lucy never appeared on CK - not only was Lucie on the show but so many of Lucy's contemporaries as well - Milton Berle, Imogene Coca, Phyllis Diller, Carol Channing, Minnie Pearl, Gwen Verdon, etc even Joan Rivers!

It's odd Lucy never appeared on CK - not only was Lucie on the show but so many of Lucy's contemporaries as well - Milton Berle, Imogene Coca, Phyllis Diller, Carol Channing, Minnie Pearl, Gwen Verdon, etc even Joan Rivers!

Shame she was never on the Muppets either. And you're right, she herself always admitted a big part of her audience was kids, so she should have promoted herself there.

Archived