Eva Gabor

I watched a Green Acres and Lisa revealed her maiden name as Gronyitz. Wasn't she author of "Valley of the Puppets" Eva Von Gronyitz on Here's Lucy? Wonder where the name came from.

This Green Acres was from April 1968, the 3rd season. It involved Arnold the Pig going to Hollywood to seek an acting career. Missing in the action was Barbara Pepper whose last episode aired in February. She was sorely missed. Later she was replaced by Fran Ryan, but there's no explanation for her absence in this one. Fred Ziffel is in it.

I wonder how bad off Barbara was. She died the next year, but post-Doris, she was in a Mayberry RFD, a Doris Day and in Jerry Lewis's movie "Hook Line and Sinker". Poor dear was only 54 but looked 10 to 15 years older.

By the way, Barbara appeared as Doris Ziffel in a couple of first season "Petticoat Junction"'s. Don't know if Arnold was in them.

In one Green Acres scene, Eva is lying in bed. Her head moves, but her "vig" does not. Surprised they left it in.

The Ziffel's "son" Arnold is one of the most irresistible guilty pleasures in TV history. And clearly this "son" is a daughter.

Fred having trouble reading a note supposedly left by Doris: "Doris, you're handwriting is getting worse".

Doris: "I didn't write that. Arnold did."

Oliver: "How could a pig write a note?"

Lisa: "Don't you remember? We gave him a ball-point pen for Christmas."

When "Green Acres" was on target, it could be hilarious.

I watched a Green Acres and Lisa revealed her maiden name as Gronyitz. Wasn't she author of "Valley of the Puppets" Eva Von Gronyitz on Here's Lucy? Wonder where the name came from.

This Green Acres was from April 1968, the 3rd season. It involved Arnold the Pig going to Hollywood to seek an acting career. Missing in the action was Barbara Pepper whose last episode aired in February. She was sorely missed. Later she was replaced by Fran Ryan, but there's no explanation for her absence in this one. Fred Ziffel is in it.

I wonder how bad off Barbara was. She died the next year, but post-Doris, she was in a Mayberry RFD, a Doris Day and in Jerry Lewis's movie "Hook Line and Sinker". Poor dear was only 54 but looked 10 to 15 years older.

By the way, Barbara appeared as Doris Ziffel in a couple of first season "Petticoat Junction"'s. Don't know if Arnold was in them.

In one Green Acres scene, Eva is lying in bed. Her head moves, but her "vig" does not. Surprised they left it in.

The Ziffel's "son" Arnold is one of the most irresistible guilty pleasures in TV history. And clearly this "son" is a daughter.

Fred having trouble reading a note supposedly left by Doris: "Doris, you're handwriting is getting worse".

Only 10 to 15 years, now you are a kind gentleman Sir!

Her part of The Doris Day Show was just a bit alas, she plays a woman who yells at Doris from a second story window (I think this was the episode Doris takes over her son's newspaper route), Barbara gets just one line. It's interesting she was on TDDS after Fran Ryan was let go from her regular part - I think this episode dates after Barbara's last appearance on GA and before Fran's first as Doris Ziffel.

And I think this has all been mentioned before, but I while I definitely don't believe Barbara looked good for her age, she just looked liked someone around her age or at the most a decade older who had just let herself completely go. You can walk in any Walmart and spot a couple dozen women like this in minutes so I'm not so sure how much her drinking had to do with this.

Her part of The Doris Day Show was just a bit alas, she plays a woman who yells at Doris from a second story window (I think this was the episode Doris takes over her son's newspaper route), Barbara gets just one line. It's interesting she was on TDDS after Fran Ryan was let go from her regular part - I think this episode dates after Barbara's last appearance on GA and before Fran's first as Doris Ziffel.

And I think this has all been mentioned before, but I while I definitely don't believe Barbara looked good for her age, she just looked liked someone around her age or at the most a decade older who had just let herself completely go. You can walk in any Walmart and spot a couple dozen women like this in minutes so I'm not so sure how much her drinking had to do with this.

My alcoholic dad disagrees with you from beyond the grave. Thing is, when they drink that much, they don't care about anything as mundane as their health or looks. It's a shame as Babs looked fine boarding that bus on that tour of Beverly Hills. Matronly, but fine for her age as you say. And probably much better than most Wal Mart ladies today, LOL! I saw one today who could have served a buffet on her big fat ass. THANK GOD THERE WERE NO TURNSTYLES AT THE ENTRANCE!

I saw one today who could have served a buffet on her big fat ass. THANK GOD THERE WERE NO TURNSTYLES AT THE ENTRANCE!

LOL.....I've seen woman who have this shelf ass and it's very odd looking. One was a waitress who said to us after we'd completed our meal "Would you like to see our desert tray?", turned around and there it was.... :gary:

We always compare these actors with other actors, but there are plenty of 54 year old woman (in and out of Walmart) who look like barbara Pepper so it's not uncommon in real life.

I never say a Fran Ryan-Doris episode. I like Fran but she doesn't seem slattern-ly enough to play Doris. Usually they pick someone who has at least a similar look when they replace a character. Again I feel bad saying this about poor Barbara, but the concept of her being the mother of a pig is not that far-fetched.

I caught Barbara as an extra in a Kay Kyser movie on TCM jitterbugging around in 1942 looking much more like the Hollywood tour bus-boarding person than the starlet in "Moulin Rouge".

The Hank Patterson-Barbara Pepper age difference is 27 years, as opposed to Frawley-Vance's 22 years and neither looks like a mismatched couple age-wise.

Archived