Two Christmas Episodes of The Lucy Show

Mr. Wilson

This would be a cool thing to do for all the networks, get rid of your crap around the holidays and reair some classic Christmas stuff. They pull out Rudolph and Frosty and beat Charlie Brown to death, but what about all these old time specials? Can we get the Judy Garland Christmas special aired, or some Bing Crosby? I think the fact that on one of the Glee Christmas episodes they parodied (in black and white no less) the Judy Christmas Special. Maybe it would be nice to show the Glee audience the real version as I’m sure many never have seen it. Thanks to Nick at Night/TV Land in the 90’s for exposing me to it.

Have the networks pull out their holiday themed old shows, it can’t cost them all that much and then I don’t have to be subjected to Whip-out The Holiday edition or some crappy pop star butchering a song at a tree lighting.

This would be a cool thing to do for all the networks, get rid of your crap around the holidays and reair some classic Christmas stuff. They pull out Rudolph and Frosty and beat Charlie Brown to death, but what about all these old time specials? Can we get the Judy Garland Christmas special aired, or some Bing Crosby? I think the fact that on one of the Glee Christmas episodes they parodied (in black and white no less) the Judy Christmas Special. Maybe it would be nice to show the Glee audience the real version as I’m sure many never have seen it. Thanks to Nick at Night/TV Land in the 90’s for exposing me to it.

Have the networks pull out their holiday themed old shows, it can’t cost them all that much and then I don’t have to be subjected to Whip-out The Holiday edition or some crappy pop star butchering a song at a tree lighting.

My God, I never even thought of the networks airing their old Christmas shows, I bought them all on dvd but that would be nicer than the ones you say and rightly so, have been repeated ad nauseam over the decades.

What I would really love CBS to do is to colorize and air the 1962 Christmas episode and the 1965 color Christmas episode in prime time. They were both great episodes and I think they would do well in early prime time (8 and 8:30 pm) and could be aired during the Christmas week.

Absolutely terrific idea as they were both excellent and so much funnier than the ILL one.

The Bravo Network use to show some older Christmas specials. I remember one of them being a best of Bing Crosby's Christmas Specials. But, that was years and years ago before reality programming.

Archived