Very interesting article on Joseff Jewelry

Sometimes a simple g oogle search yields a gem (pun intended!) you weren't even looking for. After watching the Fan Magazine episode I thought that Lucy was wearing the same starburst pin we have often seen on Viv. I looked for a picture of her in that episode that showed it, but could not find one. So I did a search on Lucille Ball jewelry & this article popped up. Remember when Joseff Jewelry Company is mentioned in one of the anniversary episodes? Well, it was a real place, & HUGE back in the day, supplying all the major movie studios. I enjoy history, & have a developed an interest in old Hollywood history so this was a fun read, complete with lots of pictures. There is some info about Lucy & ILL, & a picture of Lucy wearing some of the jewelry. (Joey, the picture above Lucy's is a beautiful one of a a very young, smiling, Shirley Jones). The article tells the story of how Joseff went from rental to retail, when & why costume jewelry went out of style & how they adapted. Lots of pictures of some iconic pieces. Here's the link: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/lost-hollywood-jewelry-trove-uncovered/

Sometimes a simple g oogle search yields a gem (pun intended!) you weren't even looking for. After watching the Fan Magazine episode I thought that Lucy was wearing the same starburst pin we have often seen on Viv. I looked for a picture of her in that episode that showed it, but could not find one. So I did a search on Lucille Ball jewelry & this article popped up. Remember when Joseff Jewelry Company is mentioned in one of the anniversary episodes? Well, it was a real place, & HUGE back in the day, supplying all the major movie studios. I enjoy history, & have a developed an interest in old Hollywood history so this was a fun read, complete with lots of pictures. There is some info about Lucy & ILL, & a picture of Lucy wearing some of the jewelry. (Joey, the picture above Lucy's is a beautiful one of a a very young, smiling, Shirley Jones). The article tells the story of how Joseff went from rental to retail, when & why costume jewelry went out of style & how they adapted. Lots of pictures of some iconic pieces. Here's the link: http://www.collector...rove-uncovered/

Many thanks for sharing your 'google'....

Archived