Hear "I Love Lucy: The Untold Story" for only $1.95!

Gregg O.

2311S.jpg

As many of you know, the 4-hour audiobook I Love Lucy: The Untold Story, for sale for $14.95 on Amazon.com, Audible.com, and iTunes, includes a 45-minute full-cast production of my play, I Love Lucy: The Untold Story.

While Amazon lets me set the price for ebooks (which is why Laughs, Luck...and Lucy costs just $2.99), audiobook pricing is beyond my control. I've found a workaround, however. 

I've just made the 45-minute radio play available as a standalone premium to anyone who makes a donation of $1.95 or more to the Motion Picture & Television Fund (formerly known as the "Motion Picture Relief Fund").

Click here to learn more.  And after you follow the link, please remember to share it on Twitter and Facebook!

Take care. 

- Gregg Oppenheimer

2311S.jpg

As many of you know, the 4-hour audiobook I Love Lucy: The Untold Story, for sale for $14.95 on Amazon.com, Audible.com, and iTunes, includes a 45-minute full-cast production of my play, I Love Lucy: The Untold Story.

While Amazon lets me set the price for ebooks (which is why Laughs, Luck...and Lucy costs just $2.99), audiobook pricing is beyond my control. I've found a workaround, however. 

I've just made the 45-minute radio play available as a standalone premium to anyone who makes a donation of $1.95 or more to the Motion Picture & Television Fund (formerly known as the "Motion Picture Relief Fund").

Click here to learn more.  And after you follow the link, please remember to share it on Twitter and Facebook!

Take care. 

- Gregg Oppenheimer

Gregg::  WHAT A WONDERFUL THING TO DO!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!  Loving you, JK

P.S.  please IM me on this Lounge; I really want your birth date, as well as your sister's, for the chronology.    I also really need your mom's birth and death dates, just to make sure I have those correct....  thanks if you can facilitate!

• 1 month later...

TODAY!

“I Love Lucy: The Untold Story” CONTINUES on Nov. 16 in North Hollywood!

Cast:

castpixmr.jpeg?w=450&h=412

Donate $1.95 or more to the Motion Picture & Television Fund charity and receive an mp3 of the 60th Anniversary benefitperformance!

Join me on Saturday, November 16th, when I’ll be directing two radio plays at the SPERDVAC Old-Time Radio Convention at Beverly Garland’s Holiday Inn in North Hollywood (4222 Vineland Ave).

First, at 3:45pm, I’ll be directing a full-cast production of a special new version of my own play, I Love Lucy: The Untold Story, including ten brand-new scenes. I’m excited to be debuting all of this new material, and I hope you’ll be there to see it performed onstage for the very first time.

My phenomenal “Lucy” cast will feature such talented performers as Amy Pietz (Caroline in the City, The Office), Dick Van Patten (Eight Is Enough), Phil Proctor (founder of the legendary Firesign Theater comedy group), William Schallert (“Dad” on The Patty Duke Show), Second City alum Lance Kinsey (“Lt. Proctor” in the Police Academy films), and Alan Oppenheimer (The Six Million Dollar Man, Murphy Brown).

There will be a no-host bar Happy Hour following the show, then the Convention dinner banquet at 6pm, attended by dozens of celebrity guests from film, TV and radio.

After dinner I’ll direct an episode of The Lives of Harry LimeOrson Welles’s clever radio series inspired by the movie The Third Man. This is one of my all-time favorite shows, and if you’re an Orson Welles fan you won’t want to miss it. Starring as Orson Welles will be the uncanny Edward French. (click here to hear a sample). Joining him will be Phil Proctor, Alan Oppenheimer,
and the wonderful Gladys Holland, one of Welles’s original co-stars in The Lux Radio Theater production of The Third Man. You may remember Gladys as the elegant French lady at the roulette table with Cary Grant in Alfred Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief (see below, left). Also performing will be special musical guest Dora Pearson, former lead female vocalist of Sha Na Na. 

Then a cast of  20 talented performers (including Janet Waldo – I Love Lucy’s “Peggy the bobby-soxer” and the voice of “Judy Jetson”) will take the stage to re-create the 1939 CBS Radio production of Dickens’s A Christmas Carol. 

Saturday Dinner Banquet tickets are only $50 each until Nov. 9th ($60 at the door), including admission to both after-dinner shows and the 3:45pm performance of I Love Lucy: The Untold Story. (No need to order a $25 “Saturday Daytime” Convention ticket unless you only want to attend the afternoon “Lucy” performance.)

I really hope you can make it. But tickets are selling quickly, so please be sure to order yours right away!

Thanks!

- Gregg

Archived