Barbra Streisand Aging Morph Video

Since Barbra was a guest on "Let's Talk to Lucy", she qualifies as a co-star/hort.  I wonder if Lucy ever approached her to be on her show.  Sometimes episodes were scripted with some guest in mind and altered to fit the guest they eventually got, so I can see "Lucy and Petula Clark" as a Streisand episode.  After "Burtons" was such a huge success, Lucy approached many huge stars (Mae West, for one) who didn't do TV, but never again got a guest as exclusive as them.

Supposedly "Ginger Rogers Comes to Tea" was run by Ingrid Bergman and Bette Davis.  Though the whole episode is a delight, it wouldn't be the same without the spontaneous charleston at the end, probably my favorite performance piece of the entire series.

Someone CLEVER should do one of these for Lucy.

Supposedly "Ginger Rogers Comes to Tea" was run by Ingrid Bergman and Bette Davis.  Though the whole episode is a delight, it wouldn't be the same without the spontaneous charleston at the end, probably my favorite performance piece of the entire series.

It would have been spectacular if Lucy, Kim, and Ingrid borrowed from Cactus Flower and broke into a spontaneous performance of "The Dentist".

Since Barbra was a guest on "Let's Talk to Lucy", she qualifies as a co-star/hort.  I wonder if Lucy ever approached her to be on her show.  Sometimes episodes were scripted with some guest in mind and altered to fit the guest they eventually got, so I can see "Lucy and Petula Clark" as a Streisand episode.  After "Burtons" was such a huge success, Lucy approached many huge stars (Mae West, for one) who didn't do TV, but never again got a guest as exclusive as them.

I agree about Ginger, nobody could have topped HER in that particular gem.  As for Ms West, she did too do TV, she was on Mr Ed one time.

O M G one of the best things I've ever seen, just so well done, yeah, you're right, now I want to see one on Lucy.

I agree about Ginger, nobody could have topped HER in that particular gem.  As for Ms West, she did too do TV, she was on Mr Ed one time.

And what an unlikely choice if you're a movie star agreeing to do TV.   If you've never seen it, it's an odd one to say the least.  Mae wants Wilbur to design a luxurious stables for her pampered horses; and keeps wanting to get together with his deep-voiced assistant she talked to over the phone. 

Although this piece of dialogue was left out:

Wilbur: Miss West....he's a horse.

Mae: OO-ah...all the bett-ah!

In fact Mae is absent from much of the episode, much of which has the wives trying to be glamorous like Mae.

And what an unlikely choice if you're a movie star agreeing to do TV.   If you've never seen it, it's an odd one to say the least.  Mae wants Wilbur to design a luxurious stables for her pampered horses; and keeps wanting to get together with his deep-voiced assistant she talked to over the phone. 

Although this piece of dialogue was left out:

Wilbur: Miss West....he's a horse.

Mae: OO-ah...all the bett-ah!

In fact Mae is absent from much of the episode, much of which has the wives trying to be glamorous like Mae.

You need not FID me the lines, I had to sit through that one, never missed Mr Ed, I head lofty tastes in my television HUMAH!  I submitted this one and My Mother The Car to the Peabody and Pulitzer award committees.

O M G one of the best things I've ever seen, just so well done, yeah, you're right, now I want to see one on Lucy.

Amazing process, I find it very fascinating and almost an "art form" in of itself!  You really have to know your subject matter to pull off something like this so well, IMHO.

Would also love to see one of LB and Bette Midler as well, someone else I adore who, like Madonna (just by way of example) has had SO many different hair styles/looks/colors over the years, finally (thank GOD!) settling into the blonde, short tresses these past few years which, I think are most flattering on her and shows her off best! ;)

Amazing process, I find it very fascinating and almost an "art form" in of itself!  You really have to know your subject matter to pull off something like this so well, IMHO.

Would also love to see one of LB and Bette Midler as well, someone else I adore who, like Madonna (just by way of example) has had SO many different hair styles/looks/colors over the years, finally (thank GOD!) settling into the blonde, short tresses these past few years which, I think are most flattering on her and shows her off best! ;)

On the later episodes of Roseanne, they did something similar though much shorter with all the cast members and you could see the drastic changes in Roseanne, they were absolutely incredible when it came to Roseanne herself, it was in the opening credits.  Her eyes alone went from Rene Zellwigger to Lucille Ball in opening size.

Mae West only did that one show as a favor to the producer who was a longtime personal friend, also perhaps because "Mr Ed" was voiced by Johnny Mack Brown, one of her old leading men, otherwise she did not do episodic tv. 

I happened to love that episode, she looks fantastic for in her 70's  and some of the bits are quite fun.

WIFE: Miss West, I've heard so much about you.

MAE: Yeah but you can't prove it.

MAE: I love a  man in a uniform.  I even choke up over a Good Humor man.

MR ED (talking to her on the phone):  Mae West??? I saw your movie last nigh on television.  Oh man! Wow! Oh! Wow! Man!

MAE: That was my movie alright.

I wish she had done Here's Lucy of course but she was always sensitive about appearing with other famous women - and particularly younger famous women although she did do MYRA BRECKENRIDGE with Raquel Welch because she got one of the highest salaries of the era although that movie indeed ended up one of the classic "diva" battlegrounds (a feud Raquel is still carrying on 30 years after West's death.)

Mae West only did that one show as a favor to the producer who was a longtime personal friend, also perhaps because "Mr Ed" was voiced by Johnny Mack Brown, one of her old leading men, otherwise she did not do episodic tv. 

I happened to love that episode, she looks fantastic for in her 70's  and some of the bits are quite fun.

WIFE: Miss West, I've heard so much about you.

MAE: Yeah but you can't prove it.

MAE: I love a  man in a uniform.  I even choke up over a Good Humor man.

MR ED (talking to her on the phone):  Mae West??? I saw your movie last nigh on television.  Oh man! Wow! Oh! Wow! Man!

MAE: That was my movie alright.

I wish she had done Here's Lucy of course but she was always sensitive about appearing with other famous women - and particularly younger famous women although she did do MYRA BRECKENRIDGE with Raquel Welch because she got one of the highest salaries of the era although that movie indeed ended up one of the classic "diva" battlegrounds (a feud Raquel is still carrying on 30 years after West's death.)

Well, I did say she did ONE tv show, never said she lived off of those, LOL!   I have Myra in my collection and the thing I remember from that filming is the fact that they both behaved like asses, Mae knew that being in black and  white would upstage Welch, so they did it all thru filming.  I remember Mae also saying in an interview that they had this table full of fruit that rotted under the hot lights and yet wasn't even used when she herself had sung a song saying TASTE ALL THE FRUIT!  Remember the line she had talking about a cop and she gestures with her fingers, I HAD HIM BY THE B****, it brought down the house when I saw it in the theater.  But Mae wearing evening gowns during the day just dated her, it was like seeing Queen Mary or something.  

Well, I did say she did ONE tv show, never said she lived off of those, LOL!   I have Myra in my collection and the thing I remember from that filming is the fact that they both behaved like asses, Mae knew that being in black and  white would upstage Welch, so they did it all thru filming.  I remember Mae also saying in an interview that they had this table full of fruit that rotted under the hot lights and yet wasn't even used when she herself had sung a song saying TASTE ALL THE FRUIT!  Remember the line she had talking about a cop and she gestures with her fingers, I HAD HIM BY THE B****, it brought down the house when I saw it in the theater.  But Mae wearing evening gowns during the day just dated her, it was like seeing Queen Mary or something.  

Since you have the dvd listen to the director's commentary track, he ADORED Mae West and seems to put full blame on Raquel Welch for the troubles on the set.  It was the director's idea for Mae to wear just black and white and Raquel to wear color, they both agreed and then Raquel shows up for the shooting of their one scene together wearing black and white, you can't get much bitchier than that LOL!  Definitely on Team Mae on this one!!  Mae's idea to "feud" was to ignore the existance of the other person rather than pick and cause trouble.  It's funny Raquel cannot shut up talking negatively about  Mae in interviews for 30 years because Mae couldn't be bothered to mention her at the time to the press LOL.

I do love both of their performances in that film though.  Raquel HAS to be the first star to say mother****** on the screen! And Mae, while not able to bring herself to be raw on a screen now free of censors still gets off some funny racy gags and innuendos.

Since you have the dvd listen to the director's commentary track, he ADORED Mae West and seems to put full blame on Raquel Welch for the troubles on the set.  It was the director's idea for Mae to wear just black and white and Raquel to wear color, they both agreed and then Raquel shows up for the shooting of their one scene together wearing black and white, you can't get much bitchier than that LOL!  Definitely on Team Mae on this one!!  Mae's idea to "feud" was to ignore the existance of the other person rather than pick and cause trouble.  It's funny Raquel cannot shut up talking negatively about  Mae in interviews for 30 years because Mae couldn't be bothered to mention her at the time to the press LOL.

I do love both of their performances in that film though.  Raquel HAS to be the first star to say mother****** on the screen! And Mae, while not able to bring herself to be raw on a screen now free of censors still gets off some funny racy gags and innuendos.

Oh i'm with Mae also, the things that woman could get away with on screen is legendary.

Archived