Lucy and Desi still make bank

Brock

Thank you for that really informative article. I was wondering just how Wells Fargo made the connection to use them in this campaign. I understood the Mac ads from back in 99/00. I don’t have any Wells Fargo banks near me so I have not seen a billboard or commercial other than on the website. I was in Philly in July though and there are a ton of Wells Fargos in that city. Not once did I see any of these ads though. I was all over that city. Bus, subway, train station, walking the streets, even walked past 2 huge Wells Fargo buildings. Not a single ad from this campaign, weird.

I remember back in 99’ when Mac had the think different campaign. I was interning out in LA and was driving down Sunset Boulevard and saw that ad on the side of a giant building. Like a really tall building, not just billboard size. I had to take my roommate with me to grab a pic as every light I stopped at near it I had a pole in my view. I about drove off the road the first time I saw it.

Thank you for that really informative article. I was wondering just how Wells Fargo made the connection to use them in this campaign. I understood the Mac ads from back in 99/00. I don’t have any Wells Fargo banks near me so I have not seen a billboard or commercial other than on the website. I was in Philly in July though and there are a ton of Wells Fargos in that city. Not once did I see any of these ads though. I was all over that city. Bus, subway, train station, walking the streets, even walked past 2 huge Wells Fargo buildings. Not a single ad from this campaign, weird.

I remember back in 99’ when Mac had the think different campaign. I was interning out in LA and was driving down Sunset Boulevard and saw that ad on the side of a giant building. Like a really tall building, not just billboard size. I had to take my roommate with me to grab a pic as every light I stopped at near it I had a pole in my view. I about drove off the road the first time I saw it.

Well said, Luvs! I know what you mean about those huge billboards, ads etc. on Sunset! Always larger than life and so cool.  I don't do it often enough but occasionally will drive down the strip to check out the latest and greatest in oversized advertising.

When I first saw that most recent Wells Fargo ad I honestly didn't "get it" right away but just the fact that they were using them I thought was not only so cool but the realization that they're still on everyone's "radar", still so readily identifiable, recognizable after so many years just proves how ingrained Miss Ball and ILL are in our collective consciousness. :D

The legacy lives on! ;)

Archived