Frank Nelson's Disappearance

Having been a recurring player on "My Favorite Husband" and "I Love Lucy,"  I wonder why he not once appeared on either "The Lucy Show" or "Here's Lucy."  Was he considered too similar in style to Gale Gordon?  I know he continued to work throughout the period, having made a few funny appearances on "Sanford and Son" as his usual obnoxious sales clerk character, "eee-Yessssss!"

Also, what would have "The Lucy Show" been like had he been cast as Mr. Mooney?  Better, worse, or just different?

Frank Nelson was in "Lucy Visits the White House" but that was his final Lucy episode.

After that, it seems his appearances become more sporadic and voice overs.

O I C but his question is very valid though, I too wondered why he never appeared with her again in her later series.  He was such a great character.

Frank Nelson was in "Lucy Visits the White House" but that was his final Lucy episode.

After that, it seems his appearances become more sporadic and voice overs.

It's too bad too, because he could have played all those parts over-emoted by Irwin Charone.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's Irwin Charone???

Irwin Charone, actor, 37 titles; Lucille Ball guest, The Lucy Show “Lucy Puts Out a Fire at the Bank”, 1963; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Favorite Martian “If You Can't Lick 'Em”, 1964; The Lucy Show “Lucy Gets Mooney Fired”, “Lucy Sues Mooney, 1967; “Lucy Gets Involved”; “Lucy and Sid Caesar”, 1968; as well as (“Here's Lucy”) “Lucy and the Bogie Affair”, 1969; “Lucy and Sammy Davis, Jr.,” 1970; “Lucy and the Raffle”, 1971; “Lucy and the Professor”, 1973; is born this date in 1922.

Archived