Thanks to the episode "Lucy is a Soda Jerk"

I've eaten kumquats before. I LOVE them! I think it would make more of a sherbet flavor. At this 50s themed burger joint I've been to, called "Cheeburger Cheeburger" they have many unusual flavors of milkshakes, including blackberry, mango, strawberry kiwi, peanut butter & jelly . . . you can even mix and match different flavors. And at a pizza place I went to a few years ago they also had a big list of unusual shake flavors, including Wedding Cake. Yes, Wedding Cake. I got that one. It was really good. But I bet, combined with the pizza, it was a bajillion calories. 

Regarding the Lucy episode, I am very surprised, that even in 1962, they had all those flavors of ice cream. 

I think when they sing the song they are trying to say butter pecan, but to me it always sounds like burnt pecan.  That don't sound too tasty.  I agree that is a lot of really good sounding flavors they had at that parlor.  

I missed getting to the Chinese Ice Cream store last week when I was in Chinatown NYC but I've had green tea ice cream and red bean at local Japanese restaurants and those are pretty good.

I think when they sing the song they are trying to say butter pecan, but to me it always sounds like burnt pecan.  That don't sound too tasty.  I agree that is a lot of really good sounding flavors they had at that parlor.  

I missed getting to the Chinese Ice Cream store last week when I was in Chinatown NYC but I've had green tea ice cream and red bean at local Japanese restaurants and those are pretty good.

Oh you haven't tasted ice cream until you've had BURNT pecan.

Archived