Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress

I LOVE this one! Especially this exchange between Lucy and Marion Strong

:lucy1: : The show would be over before we could even finish saying "the Senior Shenanigans of the Rappohanic School for Girls!" 

Marion: It would NOT!

Then Lucy and Ethel trying to be all fake happy during the Friendship number at the end, then ripping each other's dresses.

:lucyshock: :I  thought you were gonna take yours back! 

:viv1: : I thought you were gonna take YOURS back!  :D  :angry:

:lucyhorror: :Ohh, you big stinker  :D  :angry:

I wish we could've seen the aftermath of that--hell, I wish we could've seen the aftermath of many Lucy episodes, like the end of the French Revue, or Bonus Bucks, or Lucy's Showbiz Swan Song. 

What color do you think their dresses were? Green and white or blue and white? Had to be either dark blue, kelly green or dark red. 

I LOVE this one! Especially this exchange between Lucy and Marion Strong

:lucy1: : The show would be over before we could even finish saying "the Senior Shenanigans of the Rappohanic School for Girls!" 

Marion: It would NOT!

Then Lucy and Ethel trying to be all fake happy during the Friendship number at the end, then ripping each other's dresses.

:lucyshock: :I  thought you were gonna take yours back! 

:viv1: : I thought you were gonna take YOURS back!  :D  :angry:

:lucyhorror: :Ohh, you big stinker  :D  :angry:

I wish we could've seen the aftermath of that--hell, I wish we could've seen the aftermath of many Lucy episodes, like the end of the French Revue, or Bonus Bucks, or Lucy's Showbiz Swan Song. 

What color do you think their dresses were? Green and white or blue and white? Had to be either dark blue, kelly green or dark red. 

There's a photo of the dresses in that great Lucy book, LUCY PAPER DOLLS.  The dress is white with a bit of grey, pink, green and the flowers are reddish pink.

There's a photo of the dresses in that great Lucy book, LUCY PAPER DOLLS.  The dress is white with a bit of grey, pink, green and the flowers are reddish pink.

And it's a photo actually taken in color or was it tinted? I know those are the colors Mattel used for their Lucy & Ethel doll set. Not all of the Mattel costumes were acurately colored, but I think the later entries in the series had more authenticity than the earlier ones.

And it's a photo actually taken in color or was it tinted? I know those are the colors Mattel used for their Lucy & Ethel doll set. Not all of the Mattel costumes were acurately colored, but I think the later entries in the series had more authenticity than the earlier ones.

It's a picture, an artist's rendering if you will.

Archived