Halloween Lucy

Luvsbway

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love your candid avatar of Lucy by the way, she looks so happy there, that HAS to be '68 right? I'm sure that with YOUR looks, you would be a terrific '68 Lucy, you look so much like her. Gorgeous like her too.

Yep. I believe it's at a promotional event for Yours, Mine, and Ours.

Oh stop it! I don't look like her at all on a daily basis. Lol. It's just the magic of makeup! :) But thank you for that compliment, it's nice to hear.

Yep. I believe it's at a promotional event for Yours, Mine, and Ours.

Oh stop it! I don't look like her at all on a daily basis. Lol. It's just the magic of makeup! :) But thank you for that compliment, it's nice to hear.

Well, I think you once put a pic up of yourself and seeing you as Lucy was not the way I remembered you at all.  You really succeeded in capturing the feel of the 50's with your look, it was just amazing.

Well, I think you once put a pic up of yourself and seeing you as Lucy was not the way I remembered you at all. You really succeeded in capturing the feel of the 50's with your look, it was just amazing.

It's been awhile. The last time may have been when I was blonde! Haha.

I'll try too shy away from that! But I must say my favorite hairstyles come from the 40s. I wear them on a daily basis.

I think that actresses who succeeded in making their hairstyle their trademark weren't that numerous, it's quite an accomplishment.  Claudette Colbert had the same hairstyle her whole life.  Lauren Bacall also.  Hepburn and Davis too.  Veronica Lake was the one whose hair would obliterate one of her eyes.  She was famous for that.  Some did it on tv also, the RACHEL being one obvious choice.  But Lucy had several, her main hairstyle from I Love Lucy, followed by her classic DO from the other series, especially The Lucy show which is often used when doing caricatures of her. 

I think that actresses who succeeded in making their hairstyle their trademark weren't that numerous, it's quite an accomplishment. Claudette Colbert had the same hairstyle her whole life. Lauren Bacall also. Hepburn and Davis too. Veronica Lake was the one whose hair would obliterate one of her eyes. She was famous for that. Some did it on tv also, the RACHEL being one obvious choice. But Lucy had several, her main hairstyle from I Love Lucy, followed by her classic DO from the other series, especially The Lucy show which is often used when doing caricatures of her.

Very true. Nowadays it's about the wigs. You forgot about Betty White! She has had that hairstyle for over 60 years. Lucy tried to keep up with the times when it came to style from hair to clothes.

Very true. Nowadays it's about the wigs. You forgot about Betty White! She has had that hairstyle for over 60 years. Lucy tried to keep up with the times when it came to style from hair to clothes.

Oh yes, so true about Betty, her best one though was when she played Sue Ann Nivens on the MTM show.  But that show had three, drab Rhoda, Cloris and her gorgeous mane and Mary herself with the same DO as the DVD show.

Archived