Season Six of THE LUCY SHOW

Having just watched all six seasons of THE LUCY SHOW in chronological order, I'm wondering if anyone else feels the way that I do -- that Season Six is not only the best of the Hollywood years, but is actually lightyears better than Seasons Four and Five. What do you all think? 

I say a variation of what I always say: to each his own.  I don't totally agree as I think EACH season -- all 6 -- of TLS have their "gems", standout episodes, I have personal faves in each and every one -- although for me personally it's probably most difficult to choose very many out of what I feel was a comparatively "weak" Season 2 after the stellar, classic, nearly every episode almost ILL-level 30 episode season, with very few "clinkers" in the bunch! 

What would you cite as standouts from Season 6? :D

I love season six.... It also is my favorite Hollywood based season. Every episode is inrereating and a pleasure to watch. I understand why she won an emmy. She simply is Mrs. Carmichael... Secretary to TJ Mooney.. Her "LOOK"... And her figure and the nice wardrobe along with decent scripts contribute to a satisfying srason.

I say a variation of what I always say: to each his own.  I don't totally agree as I think EACH season -- all 6 -- of TLS have their "gems", standout episodes, I have personal faves in each and every one -- although for me personally it's probably most difficult to choose very many out of what I feel was a comparatively "weak" Season 2 after the stellar, classic, nearly every episode almost ILL-level 30 episode season, with very few "clinkers" in the bunch! 

What would you cite as standouts from Season 6? :D

Totally in agreement with you about Season Two. 

From Season Six, I really enjoy:

"Lucy Meets The Berles"

"Lucy Gets Trapped"

"Lucy And The French Movie Star"

"Lucy Gets Her Diploma"

"Lucy Gets Jack Benny's Account"

"Lucy Gets Mooney Fired"

"Lucy's Mystery Guest"

"Lucy And Carol Burnett (1)" [a very silly and illogical episode, but jam-packed with laughs]

"Lucy And The Stolen Stole""

"Lucy And The 'Boss Of The Year' Award" 

I also like many moments from:

"Little Old Lucy"

"Lucy And The Pool Hustler"

"Lucy Gets Involved"

"Lucy And Phil Harris" [the opening scene is great]

"Lucy And The Lost Star" 

Having just watched all six seasons of THE LUCY SHOW in chronological order, I'm wondering if anyone else feels the way that I do -- that Season Six is not only the best of the Hollywood years, but is actually lightyears better than Seasons Four and Five. What do you all think? 

I'm in complete agreement.

You're absolutely right.

I agree, too that season six is the bestof the hollywood years!

Upperco, I'll have to get back to you on this :) -- I, too, am watching TLS in chronological order, but I'm only on Season 2. This is only my second time watching these episodes (with a few exceptions made for some Lucy & Vivian episodes) & I don't remember most of them :hlLOL: .

Season two?????  Geez, hope to get your review of the series by Christmas then huh?

One of things that I love about Lucy Gets Her Diploma is that shows Lucy as Smart,kind and caring woman, and at the end Mr Mooney actually acts halfway descent to Lucy.

I know those type scenes were very rare, but although they were heartwarming, maybe they were looking for more FUNNY scenes then touching ones.  But I agree with you, it was very nice to see.

I'll be curious to read Neil's comments once he sees this thread, as I remember him saying he's not fond of this season, though I can't recall why at the moment.

I personally thought it was very good, probably my personal favorite of the California years. Seasons 4 and 5 both have their moments but some of the clunkers ruin the flow.

Season 1 is arguably my favorite of the Danfield years, with season 3 coming in second. Season 2, apart from a few choice episodes, has never really done it for me for reasons I can't fully explain.

I'll be curious to read Neil's comments once he sees this thread, as I remember him saying he's not fond of this season, though I can't recall why at the moment.

I personally thought it was very good, probably my personal favorite of the California years. Seasons 4 and 5 both have their moments but some of the clunkers ruin the flow.

Season 1 is arguably my favorite of the Danfield years, with season 3 coming in second. Season 2, apart from a few choice episodes, has never really done it for me for reasons I can't fully explain.

I'm with you for the most part, as someone said elsewhere, Madelyn & The Bobs must have been running out of steam, after all they'd (well, B&M) writing for her since radio, guess they found it harder and harder to come up with new stuff by this point.... but the 3rd season, with the replacement of the veterans with "new" writers (while most were veterans from other shows/comedians/etc.) which varied so much from week to week didn't do her many favors either, IMHO. 

Stellar as most of their efforts were, I think we all have some we consider "clinkers" (or should it be "clunkers"??) in each and every season, given our subjective tastes and preferences, etc.

I'm with you for the most part, as someone said elsewhere, Madelyn & The Bobs must have been running out of steam, after all they'd (well, B&M) writing for her since radio, guess they found it harder and harder to come up with new stuff by this point.... but the 3rd season, with the replacement of the veterans with "new" writers (while most were veterans from other shows/comedians/etc.) which varied so much from week to week didn't do her many favors either, IMHO. 

Stellar as most of their efforts were, I think we all have some we consider "clinkers" (or should it be "clunkers"??) in each and every season, given our subjective tastes and preferences, etc.

Yeah but we come up with a few clinkers for each season of each series, try doing that with current SUPPOSED comedies today, you have a hard time finding any that are worth watching again.

Archived