Lucy Race 2013

The Lucy Race last month was a great experience.  I got into town Friday night and I was able to check in for the 5K walk the next day.

Saturday morning, I was at the Ice Arena early, and I was happy to see such a big crowd.  I saw friends Linda and Steve from Kingston, Ontario, at breakfast, and I was glad to be able to do the walk with them.  The 5K started pretty promptly - just after 9:00 AM - and the route took us from the Ice Arena, south on Main Street to Brooklyn Square, turning right Steele Street, and then through some of the residential areas of town.  The route took us back to Third Street to end at the Ice Area.  While Linda, Steve, and I were towards the end of the race, we had a great time.

I learned that there were over 600 people registered for the 5K and/or half marathon.  According to the list of those who finished the race (see www.lucyrace.com and https://www.facebook.com/LucyTownRace for details and photos), 52 walkers finished the 5K, and 198 runnes finished the 5K on Saturday.  374 people are listed as finishing the half marathon on Sunday.

Following the race, awards were presented to winners for various categories.  I, however, was in looking at the exhibits in the ice area, which were along the upper level/race track (?) that goes around the rink.  The booths were of the corportate sponsors.  Afterwards, my family and I were off to the Taco Hut for lunch and then back to our room to get ready for the rest of the day.

Along with Leenorman, we shuffled off to Buffalo around 4:30 for I Love Lucy Live on Stage.  We stopped at TGI Friday just down the street from the theater, and then were off to the performance.  All four of us were most impressed with it and enjoyed every minute.  The entire cast did an amazing job.   (Hopefully Leenorman will post her comments and perspective on the evening as well. ;))  It was then back to Jamestown for a night's sleep before returning home on Sunday morning.

Steve and Linda went to the Martin Short show on Saturday night, and they said it was fantastic.  I heard that it was a sold-out peformance too, which is great.

The weekend - although way too short - was lots of fun.  There's a race already scheduled for October 2014 (see www.lucyrace.com), which I'd recommend attending.  Perhaps we could have a team together from the Lounge?  :lucythrill: 

:maryjane1:  Fan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seriously want to do this next year.......good luck to me convincing my parents to go!  :lucyeww:

Maybe if i start saving my money we can go.  After all, I've been wanting to go on a trip to the Lucy-Desi Center for Comedy anyways, so to use a little Lucy Ricardo logic..............if we did it all in one trip and spent more money, we'd really be saving more money by spending more money at once, instead of not going.  Now that made no sense, did it?  :lucythrill:   Oh, well, I'm still going to save to go, so maybe I can.  If a little team is gotten up with people from the lounge, please let me know! :)

I seriously want to do this next year.......good luck to me convincing my parents to go!  :lucyeww:

Maybe if i start saving my money we can go.  After all, I've been wanting to go on a trip to the Lucy-Desi Center for Comedy anyways, so to use a little Lucy Ricardo logic..............if we did it all in one trip and spent more money, we'd really be saving more money by spending more money at once, instead of not going.  Now that made no sense, did it?  :lucythrill:   Oh, well, I'm still going to save to go, so maybe I can.  If a little team is gotten up with people from the lounge, please let me know! :)

I for one am planning on going, so if you attend too, we'll have two Loungers.  I'm doing the 5K walk.  I'll do the marathon too, but I'll definitely be walking that as well. 

Archived