Bob Carroll Jr. and Madelyn Davis wrote for Alice

They also produced it too.

A fun exchange I remember from an episode went something like this.

Vera and her boyfriend were discussing playing Scrabble. He said I don't wasn't to play with you, you make up words. Vera says I do not. Boyfriend says yes you do, what's Mertzaphobia? Vera sasys it's the fear of Fred and Ethel.

They also produced it too.

A fun exchange I remember from an episode went something like this.

Vera and her boyfriend were discussing playing Scrabble. He said I don't wasn't to play with you, you make up words. Vera says I do not. Boyfriend says yes you do, what's Mertzaphobia? Vera sasys it's the fear of Fred and Ethel.

:D

I thought it was interesting learning that Bob and Madelyn wrote a couple Alice episodes and Desi Arnaz, Kaye Ballard, Eve Arden and Richard Deacon, all made guest appearances.  They all were from The Mothers-in-Law,  of which  Bob and Marilyn also wrote.

Didn't Desilu also have a 'This Is Alice' (1958) series it produced?  Is this the one you are referring to?

This was about a family called the Hollidays; Chet, Clarissa, and Alice...

I thought it was interesting learning that Bob and Madelyn wrote a couple Alice episodes and Desi Arnaz, Kaye Ballard, Eve Arden and Richard Deacon, all made guest appearances.  They all were from The Mothers-in-Law,  of which  Bob and Marilyn also wrote.

Bob and Marilyn?? You mean Hope and Monroe??!  :vanda:

I'm pretty sure they wrote more than a couple episodes as they produced the show for most of if not its entire run which was what, 7 or 8 years? By memory...I'm not sure, would have to look it up.  

I think they also produced (and probably wrote for) the short-lived TV spinoff version of the hit Goldie Hawn movie, Private Benjamin, which not only featured the late great Eileen Brennan but also utilized the talents of many Lucy veterans both behind the scenes (e.g. Directors Marc Daniels, Bill Asher, Herb Kenwith and Bruce Bilson) and on camera (Elvia Allman, Jerry Hausner), so it'd be nice to be able to see this again.

Even more curious in their bios are single script contributions to such varied product as The Paul Lynde Show, Love American Style and ....Sanford and Son!??  :lucywow:

Now that's talent!    :peachonthebeach:   

They certainly were, the produced the entire series which ran a very long time.

Not the entire series.  They did not produce the first season.  There were apparently problems with the producers throughout the first ('76-'77) season and they were asked to take over starting with the second season in 1977.  They then remained with the show until it ended in 1985.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=DLosAAAAIBAJ&sjid=IBMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3239,4859163&dq=alice+madelyn+davis+carroll&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=jb0qAAAAIBAJ&sjid=W2cEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4876,4820521&dq=alice+madelyn+davis+carroll&hl=en

Archived