Ad-Libs?

Hi, everyone, this is my first post!

I was wondering if you know of any ad libs that were in any of her shows. I know she ran a very tight ship, so this didn't happen often.

The only time I can think of is in "Lucy and Harry's Italian Bombshell" from season 4 of Here's Lucy w/ Kaye Ballard. The scene is where Vanda Barra the cosmetics saleswoman has just whacked Harry with her purse and Gale says something like: "It's a good thing she wasn't selling doorknobs", and this cracks Lucy up; I'm pretty sure it was an ad lib.

Can you guys think of any others?

Thanks!

Hi, everyone, this is my first post!

I was wondering if you know of any ad libs that were in any of her shows. I know she ran a very tight ship, so this didn't happen often.

The only time I can think of is in "Lucy and Harry's Italian Bombshell" from season 4 of Here's Lucy w/ Kaye Ballard. The scene is where Vanda Barra the cosmetics saleswoman has just whacked Harry with her purse and Gale says something like: "It's a good thing she wasn't selling doorknobs", and this cracks Lucy up; I'm pretty sure it was an ad lib.

Can you guys think of any others?

Thanks!

Welcome aboard, Freddie!  I'm sure you'll enjoy it here...and you won't have Ethel nagging at you to change all the locks in the building either! ;):D

• 2 weeks later...

There was Gale's line about the chair leg: "Don't worry, I can tell you EXACTLY where it is!" from one HL episode that wound up on the cutting room floor. Can't recall which one, though, offhand.

I know the line but can't remember either, maybe if it was about the chair leg it was from "Genuine Twimby", I'm drawing a total blank...

Archived