"Lucy gown" to feature on CBC's Four Rooms

Brock

I haven't seen it yet, but it seems like a hybrid between Antiques Roadshow and Dragon's Den. From what I understand, people bring their antiques or curiosities into a room with four investors or collectors and they field cut throat offers on what they're bringing in.

No kidding, if I still had a job, I would have gone to 5 thousand.  These people are nuts, that woman will resell it and make a fortune.  The only thing though is how could Lucy own a gown like that and not have it photographed up the wazoo, that was a major gown for a major event.

• 4 weeks later...

No kidding, if I still had a job, I would have gone to 5 thousand.  These people are nuts, that woman will resell it and make a fortune.  The only thing though is how could Lucy own a gown like that and not have it photographed up the wazoo, that was a major gown for a major event.

I was thinking the same thing, but I assume it was a gown she was maybe planning to wear in 89, like the turquoise gown made for her on her way back to Jamestown. 

I remember another brown and gold gown that was designed for Lucy that incorporated fur like this, but she passed before having it made. 

Ive never seen her in it before. 

Thanks for the follow up Brock . . . when I saw the dress UP CLOSE, those beads on there are big and not as expensive as small beading, they used to make cheap hats here in the sixties with that big beading on there, so no wonder it went for so much less than I expected.  The dress looks great from a distance, but seeing it up close, nyah, Lucy's worn nicer duds.

Archived