El Show de Lucy

Brock

Me gusta Lucrecia Carmucho!!

YEARS ago,I happened to be on a train in Switzerland and the woman across from me was reading a newspaper with the TV listings on the back page when I spied "Laf Mid Lucille Ball" advertized.   Somehow I got to a TV that night and it was "Lucy Phones the President" dubbed in Swiss-German.  This was several years after the original aired.  They got a real whiskey-voiced Swiss woman to do Lucy's voice.

On same trip I saw the 3rd season "Mansion" in Denmark, but this had sub-titles.  The opening credits were the first season stick figure animations.

"Safe Cracker" is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series and it translates well.  Jay Novello is excellent as are the cop (Red somebody?) and the announcer and the lampooning of used car commercials. . Evidently "I've Been Working on the Railroad" was not a familiar old Spanish tune.

Oh yes, the peasants here in Queerbec always resent the dubbed versions being made in France with their oytee toytee pronunciations, sort of like if you saw Lucy dubbed in England.  When I was a teen, I would sometimes watch the French version of The Lucy show on our local French station and she did sound terrible, not natural at all.  I think it started around Peter Falk's Columbo that they finally found people who could do the voice at least as if it were similar.

Oh yes, the peasants here in Queerbec always resent the dubbed versions being made in France with their oytee toytee pronunciations, sort of like if you saw Lucy dubbed in England.  When I was a teen, I would sometimes watch the French version of The Lucy show on our local French station and she did sound terrible, not natural at all.  I think it started around Peter Falk's Columbo that they finally found people who could do the voice at least as if it were similar.

Well I know DVDs usually make it a point to specify where the French dialogue was dubbed. Most North American ones say "dubbed in Quebec". But for some English releases it specifies it as "Parisian French".

Archived