Forever Darling Premiere

There's nothing wrong with it except that she's this big tv and movie star wearing a small hat with flowers that although indicative of the time period she's in, looks so bad on her, on YOU or Annaleigh I'm sure it looks fine but it gives HER a Minnie Pearl LOOK that I can do without.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I took these at the Fenton Historical Society back in 1996.  They had a small room of memorabilia.  I wonder it they still have it.  This was the first time I had seen candid photos of Lucy in color during the 50's and was amazed at how red the hair was.  Thanks to Charlie I had him scan these for me tonight.

pic1wm-small.jpg

pic2wm-small.jpg

pic3wm-small.jpg

That's L. Pauline Lopus, with her hand on Lucille's chair; she was my neighbor two streets over, 8th (now Lucy Lane); I lived corner of 10th & Dunham); then, 10th or 11th grade health teacher; also, study hall (and you better be 'studying'!!!!] 

First picture I believe I've ever seen of Marion; and the Hospital coffee shop one looks like Phyllis Harris; although it says Phyllis Swanson (her maiden name was Ackroyd - grew up in my mother's neighborhood, downtown Jamestown); so possibly isn't her, after all.

Joyce do you know if the Fenton still has the small Lucy tribute room? I think alot of stuff in it was donated by Marion.

Haven't been in there in years; but, I believe the Lucy Room still exists; no reason for it NOT to; and I have heard nothing about it being closed.  I'll try to find out.  Loving you, JK

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been in there in years; but, I believe the Lucy Room still exists; no reason for it NOT to; and I have heard nothing about it being closed.  I'll try to find out.  Loving you, JK

My parents and I went on a candlelight tour of the Fenton last night, and we found that the Lucy Room does indeed still exist.  They did decorate the Lucy Room with a decorated Christmas tree and a few gifts (or should I say wrapped boxes?) by it.  (We've toured the Fenton before, even during the holidays, but this was our first candlelight tour, and it was very well done.)

We've been in town the past few days, visiting the Center, dinner with Joyce, Tim Horton's with  other friends, etc.  Now it's time to head back home.  1 1/2 days of work and then the vacation's officially on until after the New Year.  :)

Thank you very much for the information about the room.  I bet it's one of the little know Lucy attractions in town.  I'm not even sure how I got there but it was only the first time I went back in 1996.  Nice to see they kept it with so much other stuff in town.  Ah Tim Horton's.  You Canadians are lucky.  

Thank you very much for the information about the room.  I bet it's one of the little know Lucy attractions in town.  I'm not even sure how I got there but it was only the first time I went back in 1996.  Nice to see they kept it with so much other stuff in town.  Ah Tim Horton's.  You Canadians are lucky.  

Was there today, such a nice place for casual meals and those doughnuts are so great too.  Why do you say WE're lucky, they did merge with your Burger King you know.

Yeah but that doesn't make them easy to find here. Charlie did order some of their hot chocolate mix.

I get it a lot but don't LOVE it, it's too dark and bitter, i get a large and then six milks to go with it as it's always too hot.  Next time you're HERE, try Second Cup instead.  There's is creamier and ready to drink, always perfect, probably not as healthy though.

Archived