December Bride with Desi

Neil

The bland title of this episode is "Sunken Den".  Must have been fall of 1956 because there's plenty of "Forever Darling" plugs.

Tried to upload the whole show but youtube says " video too long to upload" (with a sad face).

I see plenty of long videos on youtube so don't know why they're picking on me.

part one

http://youtu.be/vsIuCAnH6P4

part two

http://youtu.be/5OZ8ZFp171k

The bland title of this episode is "Sunken Den".  Must have been fall of 1956 because there's plenty of "Forever Darling" plugs.

Tried to upload the whole show but youtube says " video too long to upload" (with a sad face).

I see plenty of long videos on youtube so don't know why they're picking on me.

part one

http://youtu.be/vsIuCAnH6P4

part two

http://youtu.be/5OZ8ZFp171k

Its not only you buddy. This is the reason whjy I had to upload the Danny Thomas episode with Lucy and Desi in two parts. I think they are establishing Copyright agreements, and until then, all accounts that are unregistered, or flagged for having copyrighted content, or having a small amount of subscribers and video likes are limited. Don't feel bad though :) I thought the same thing until I contacted my google rep.

Thanks for the upload too!  

Have about 130 of these episodes on dvd-r. Haven't watched them all. Getting through them is tough because they simply aren't as funny as they should be. This installment is one of the better ones, though. 

I've always enjoyed December Bride but look at it sort of like I Love Lucy's poor cousin -- with rejected Lucy plots and guest-stars. I mean, Lucy and Ethel had their star encounter with John Wayne while Lily and Hilda got stuck with Dan Duryea.

I've always enjoyed December Bride but look at it sort of like I Love Lucy's poor cousin -- with rejected Lucy plots and guest-stars. I mean, Lucy and Ethel had their star encounter with John Wayne while Lily and Hilda got stuck with Dan Duryea.

And Marjorie Main and Gilbert Roland!

Verna Felton provides enough comedy that it's enjoyable.  Harry Morgan makes his lines sound more clever than they are (for the most part).  Verna and Spring got Emmy nominations.  Not sure about Harry. Haven't seen enough of them to know if Matt and Ruth have any character.

And Marjorie Main and Gilbert Roland!

Verna Felton provides enough comedy that it's enjoyable.  Harry Morgan makes his lines sound more clever than they are (for the most part).  Verna and Spring got Emmy nominations.  Not sure about Harry. Haven't seen enough of them to know if Matt and Ruth have any character.

I watched all of Season One last summer, and those two characters are never given any real nuances. My viewings of the last four seasons have been sporadic, but Verna Felton is the obvious gem. Have you read the excellent 750+ page biography on Miss Felton? It's brilliant. 

Its not only you buddy. This is the reason whjy I had to upload the Danny Thomas episode with Lucy and Desi in two parts. I think they are establishing Copyright agreements, and until then, all accounts that are unregistered, or flagged for having copyrighted content, or having a small amount of subscribers and video likes are limited. Don't feel bad though :) I thought the same thing until I contacted my google rep.

Thanks for the upload too!  

You have a google rep???  And it's a real person?

CBS had this habit of taking a successful Monday 9:30 sitcom and moving it to Thursday.  The only time it worked out was "Family Affair" which continued in the top 10 after its move to Thursday in 1969 (to make way for Doris Day).  Both December and Ann Sothern (and later Designing Women) floundered on Thursday.  Ann had the unfortunate time slot opposite another Desilu show "Untouchables" then in its hottest year.  Which is too bad, because the third and last season of Ann Sothern introduced Louis Nye as Olive's boyfriend and that added a lot to the show. 

"December" had probably run its course by the time it was moved to Thursday (to make way for Ann).  For that last season 58-59 they stopped filming in front of an audience.  Don't know the reason.  Perhaps 72 year old Spring was having trouble with her lines.

Archived