Lucy Comes to Nashville

Annaleigh

Yes what IS with the color?! lolz it's all rainbowish.

Back in the O L D E N days, when we had to transfer our Lucy copies of things from Beta to VHS or transfer one VHS to another, every time we copied them, we'd lose some of the picture quality. That's why it's so terrific that everything she ever did is now being RE mastered to last forever. This person who posted this online, obviously had the exact same copy i had, copied over and over till almost all the color was gone from the print. I had one tape of Lucy singing to Hope on a Hope birthday special from the Kennedy Center and she has her own hair and sings LIVE and all you can see is a blue blur in a red blur Kennedy Center, i eventually gave up on it although the sound was still great and i already had Lucy singing to Hope at yet another Kennedy Center birthday special 5 years before that someone from this board had sent me in a flawless copy that was just missing a few notes at the end. That's why we are all so thrilled to see these SPECIAL things show up on dvd releases in perfect condition so we can finally see them as they aired and not just copies of copies of copies . . .

Back in the O L D E N days, when we had to transfer our Lucy copies of things from Beta to VHS or transfer one VHS to another, every time we copied them, we'd lose some of the picture quality. That's why it's so terrific that everything she ever did is now being RE mastered to last forever. This person who posted this online, obviously had the exact same copy i had, copied over and over till almost all the color was gone from the print. I had one tape of Lucy singing to Hope on a Hope birthday special from the Kennedy Center and she has her own hair and sings LIVE and all you can see is a blue blur in a red blur Kennedy Center, i eventually gave up on it although the sound was still great and i already had Lucy singing to Hope at yet another Kennedy Center birthday special 5 years before that someone from this board had sent me in a flwless copy that was just missing a few notes at the end. That's why we are all so thrilled to see these SPECIAL things show up on dvd releases in perfect condition so we can finally see them as they aired and not just copies of copies of copies . . .

of copies of copies of copies . . .

• 1 year later...

Any news about a possible DVD release for this special? Given MPI has been publicizing a release for the awful NBC special in flyers in various dvd releases, you would think this one would be in their lineup for upcoming releases. It can't be the music rights thing given there are at least four other country music specials from the late 1970's/early 1980's I know of that have been released by Shout Factory and other companies.

• 2 years later...

Archived