I Love Lucy DVD question

Is the color opening from the Columbia House I Love Lucy VHS tapes on any of the I Love Lucy DVDS?  The one that has Lucy, Desi, William and Vivian in color with the background in black and white and has Desi singing the I Love Lucy Show theme. I remember this topic being covered at one time here on the lounge. It was a special feature or was somehow a hidden feature on one of the discs that required some type of special code to be entered in the dvd player in order for the feature to play. Anyone remember anything about this? I know it has been a long time since this topic has been covered.

Yes that is it. I have all the I Love Lucy dvds. I can't find the introduction on any of the discs. On the old Lucy Lounge I remermber someone said that it was on one of the discs but it was hidden. You had to input a code in the dvd player for it to play. It was what was called easter eggs on the dvds. Easter eggs where hidden special features on dvds that required a code in order to play them. They where like hidden features that the viewer had to find on the disc. I have all the Columbia House I  Love Lucy VHS tapes with the introduction on them. I was just trying to find it on the dvds.

It cracks me up a bit that people are getting excited over an Easter Egg that's been available on disc for over 5 years, and yet we have all these new Blu Ray goodies just made available to us.

I know which one I'm more excited about, LOL! :D

So you got yours yet kid?? 

Well, it's never been officially released in the states, but England and Germany have gotten complete box sets. The German one was cheaper so I imported it. I'd never seen it and needed a new sitcom marathon.

Don't you just hate that?? Having to go outside USA to get stuff we SHOULD get here first??? I imagine then this is Region-free?? Or do you have a multi-region/free player?? Oh ENQUIRERing minds!!!  (And how do you FIND these gems!???)  :lucywow:

I have a universal DVD player. Creates a bit of a flicker with the PAL conversion but it works okay. Plus I can view them on my laptop as well.

As for finding them, I frequently browse the international Amazons to see if any gems pop up. This one has all the menus in German, but I know enough to get around. Plus it has the English audio as an alternate track so it's all good.

I have a universal DVD player. Creates a bit of a flicker with the PAL conversion but it works okay. Plus I can view them on my laptop as well.

As for finding them, I frequently browse the international Amazons to see if any gems pop up. This one has all the menus in German, but I know enough to get around. Plus it has the English audio as an alternate track so it's all good.

Cool!!

Archived