I really like the cheesiness of this movie, I like the cine-color and seeing Lucille and Raymond Burr as baddies. A flying carpet and sword fights and amusing dialouge keep this movie around my place. It is just so bad its good. Besides Lucille in color?? Look at those blue blue blue eyes and tell me you don't like this movie!!

• 2 years later...

I rewatched this today, along with "The Fuller Brush Girl" (Mill Creek put both on the same disc so I thought, eh, why not watch both).

I have to say it's a real guilty pleasure for me. I'd last seen it a few years ago. Cheesy and corny as all get out, but that's part of its appeal. The outdoor sets on "The Lucy Show" looked more realistic than anything seen here. One reviewer rightly commented that "I Dream of Jeannie" had better production values. But I wouldn't want it any other way. Besides, the kids in the audience wouldn't have cared.

You can tell Lucy is only there for the paycheck. She seems rather bored by it all, but it is an understated performance that shows how well she could do sultry vamps, even with material like this. Plus, there's something about those sparkly haram outfits and her red hair that really makes her pop onscreen. I like the effect supercinecolor gave this film - the slightly muted hues. Very warm and not overly saturated the way Technicolor could be.

I agree 100% with you!! I think I'd love this movie as a kid (pre star awareness) because of the flying carpet. I love the clever/cheesy dialogue ... the sand falling on the horses.. the sound effect they used for the sword fights :)...

I remember reading her salary ate up half the

budget ..so what do u expect ??? Lol

I like seeing Lucy Ricardo and Perry Mason in "cinecolor". Wasn't Mr. Amber Kravitz from

Bewitched in the cast also?? He has some fun ..silly moments.

I also like the "box" drapped in fringe ... all neat and staight as a pin when floating from the ground and while flying around but when it lands the carpet is all

Omg... why does this damn thing keep changing how I spell stuff?? Is there any way to turn that "feature" off?? U guys have to know.. I dont.

It's ABNER Kravitz not Amber u stupid phone lol.. didn't she say AHAB NUH ?? I think she got with Abner after making a mistake closing Mrs. Carmichael's Christmas Account :)

It’s said that Lucy’s time shooting this movie was only a week. She talks about how they had to keep letting her pants out each night due to her pregnancy. Now I know the woman got huge when she was pregnant but can you really expand that fast? She does look marvelous in those haram outfits and the jewel tones compliment her hair and skin tone. I’ve been trying to figure out for years if that is all her own hair ,as it just seems too long. Sort of how in Dubarry she wears a fall to give her the extra length.

I like villain Lucy too and it’s rare for her on film. If you want to hear Lucy the villain you have to go to radio. Her roles in They Drive By Night and the Suspense episode A Shroud for Sarah are very good. She goes all kinds of crazy psycho in They Drive By Night.

It’s said that Lucy’s time shooting this movie was only a week. She talks about how they had to keep letting her pants out each night due to her pregnancy. Now I know the woman got huge when she was pregnant but can you really expand that fast? She does look marvelous in those haram outfits and the jewel tones compliment her hair and skin tone. I’ve been trying to figure out for years if that is all her own hair ,as it just seems too long. Sort of how in Dubarry she wears a fall to give her the extra length.

I like villain Lucy too and it’s rare for her on film. If you want to hear Lucy the villain you have to go to radio. Her roles in They Drive By Night and the Suspense episode A Shroud for Sarah are very good. She goes all kinds of crazy psycho in They Drive By Night.

Thank you for this information Miss Shelley. Where can I find these rare gems?? I now HAVE to obtain these lol. Any info greatly appreciated. :)

Archived