Bob Schiller recovering from surgery

Brock

ILL writer Bob Schiller is recovering at home after some pretty significant surgery recently. His daughter, Abbie, details the family's struggle in this wonderfully written essay on her website The Mother Co. It is a very good, emotional read.

http://www.themotherco.com/2014/06/a-fathers-day-to-celebrate/

Get well soon, Bob! So glad we still have this genius with us.

If you will go to the bottom of the article, you are given a way to send Bob your best wishes directly to the family, and a way to note comments to your post....I did; I'm sure family can use the comfort of get well wishes and prayers from the fans.

Oh, dear.  I'm sorry to hear Mr. Schiller is so sick.  He's a fine man, I can tell you.  Thanks to Neil, I had a chance to meet him several years ago.  We spent all afternoon at his house, then he took us down to his club, the Riviera CC, for lunch.  (There's a funny story within a story there!)  But he was so gracious, allowing us to spend so much time with him.  He had bound copies of all the many TV scripts he wrote.  He let us look at them, admire his Emmys, ask questions.  It was such a memorable day, one I'll never forget.  I mentioned during the course of that day a particular television interview he had done with Bob Weiskopf (who had already passed away at this point).  He said he had never seen that interview and would like to see it, so I promised I'd get a copy of it to him, which I eventually did.  And he sent me back the nicest thank-you note.  He's such a kind soul with a great sense of humor who gave me a wonderful memory.  I'm wishing him all the best.

• 2 months later...

A fun update on Bob. LOL

http://instagram.com/p/s3u2fcsrmo

Brock:  For some unknown reason, this link would not open for me; can you open it and print it here?  I REALLY NEED this for the chronology....thanks if you can; if you can't, can someone else?  Otherwise, just type the words for me and where they are located....again; unless, of course, someone gives me some suggestion how to OPEN the think -  thanks...JK

Archived