Lucy & Carson's Magic Moment

I bought this LP.  Probably still have it somewhere.

You people today don't realize what it was like in the pre-home video, pre-cable days.  We didn't have (and had no hope of having) access to any of this stuff so we and were thrilled with very little.

You people today don't realize what it was like in the pre-home video, pre-cable days.  We didn't have (and had no hope of having) access to any of this stuff so we and were thrilled with very little.

So true!! Probably also why I find it so hard to part with a lot of this stuff....even if/when it comes out in subsequent formats i.e. all the Columbia House videos I'm still holding onto...not sure why...sure don't watch 'em since the DVDs started coming out!!

(Remember how fun it was to locate a favorite episode what with only 3 on a tape and instead of being put out in broadcast or even film date order, they had "themes"??? Ugh! Who was the genius behind that move???? Oy! )  :lucyhorror: 

So true Neil.  I'll never forgive myself for not buying that Wildcat soundtrack, they're even making some record players again and even selling some albums at my flagship HMV store here.  I had to go YEARS without Lucy showing anywhere before Beta and VHS came out with them.

Thanks, but my finances are worse than Lucy Ricardo's lately.  I had to NOT BUY the ILL season one on Blu Ray today as it was $99.99 plus fifteen percent tax.  That job never came through and I have another fourteen months to go before my old age pension kicks in.  Beau MIGHT move in with me in a few months though, so that could help me get the Blu Ray, put it in the closet and when beau finds it, I could say, oh no, that's been in the closet for so many months.  Lucy was a great teacher.  Maybe i'll put the bill for it on a lousy Susan and when I flip it, only pay it if it lands side UP.

I understand what you mean. Just like when we use to take pictures of the TV, HOPING that no black bars showed when you snapped it lol 

I remember having a tape recorder where I recorded nothing but kid show theme songs and funny parts lol and the song "On The Bottom of the Beautiful Briny Sea" from the movie Bednobs and Broom sticks lol 

I taped the original airing but unfortunately, transferred it so many times that the quality disappeared, during those damned Beta to VHS wars I fear.  Some of the things I taped and never transferred are still A 1 quality after all these years, no fading, nothing, maybe a couple of glitches from constant replaying, but that's it.

Lifetime aired it back in the 90s and I taped it then. This is the copy you guys have. Not my copy but the original Lifetime airing.

I recorded mine during the lifetime airing- I also did the Finding Lucy documentary that they showed under their own title at the time- lifetime Portraits I think?

My version though doesn't have them walking around at the very beginning. The version I put on youtube does though, which is ALWAYS a delight to see.

I taped the original airing but unfortunately, transferred it so many times that the quality disappeared, during those damned Beta to VHS wars I fear.  Some of the things I taped and never transferred are still A 1 quality after all these years, no fading, nothing, maybe a couple of glitches from constant replaying, but that's it.

I know you had originality taped Nashville and it came out looking pretty good, considering everything. 

It was really a different time- to see something on TV and to think- Thats it! Gone until re-aired, IF it re-airs. Now, you do something on TV that sparks some attention

and you've got 100 clips and 1000 GIFs and MEMEs made from that one moment. 

Archived