Palm Springs House

Luvsbway

These photos are great, thanks for posting. The view in the background is incredible. I was just listening to Frank tell that story again. Lol, he said that Gary left so fast he didn't bring any clothes or luggage. He must have actually ran for it. Do we have any dates for these pics? The one the kids is presumably around 1954 but the rest? Before the Gary remodelling perhaps?

My guess on the house pics is pretty 1960.

This wasn't the house Kaye bought. It was a post divorce house of Desi's. The widow Morton was the last person with this house. I read it had an extensive remodel.

But it still exists in some form, correct? Do we know the physical address for this? I'd LOVE to go track it down!!! Thanks!

And thanks for an amazing series of photos!! I don't know how you do it Luvs but I sure appreciate it!!!  :HALKING: 

Houses of movie stars in Palm Springs often has this elegant sixties LOOK, Sinatra's and even the Reagans were often pictured in very similar DIGS.  When that rainstorm ruined the place, gary took it upon himself to redo it, guess he often stayed there as he played golf there so often, but Lucy had everything REDONE to exactly the way it looked BEFORE the damage.  He claimed this was the only time the had to sleep on the couch.

According to Frank he bugged Lucy to let him renovate and eventually wore her down and said yes. What she wasn't in on was what he was going to do to it. So she gets down to PS and flips her lid. The end result was he had to pay to get everything redone same as before. I heard something about brown countertops.

Wish he or Paula, who was an excellent decorator, had convinced her to upgrade the Beverly Hills manse instead.  It looked so dated.  Here's one you should post pics on, the Architectural Digest cover featured Manhattan pad they had so Lucy could be close to her grandchildren.  NOW THAT ONE WAS ELEGANCE PERSONIFIED!!!!!

Wish he or Paula, who was an excellent decorator, had convinced her to upgrade the Beverly Hills manse instead.  It looked so dated.  Here's one you should post pics on, the Architectural Digest cover featured Manhattan pad they had so Lucy could be close to her grandchildren.  NOW THAT ONE WAS ELEGANCE PERSONIFIED!!!!!

Not much to work with but it might help a little Claude. 

Arch_Digest_Lucy.jpg

scan0010_b.jpg

I dun't thin it was, just used as part of the article.  Thanks for putting that up Caewi, I could look at those pics forever, wish I had that Architectural Digest copy.  It showed the Emmys and the glass shelving, the living room and bedroom and they were all elegant beiges, Paula did one terrific job.  Loved the story that when they came to the place to photograph it, Paula had all these reproductions of classic paintings and they were still wet I think she said, so the photogs thought they were all originals from master painters, yet the paint wasn't even dry on the reproductions, LOL!  Thanks Rickee for the Palm Springs article, the last pic wasn't even taken there, it was from the ranch.

• 7 years later...