Top Ten Lucy by Pablo

http://jacksonupperco.com/2014/05/27/the-ten-best-heres-lucy-episodes-of-season-one/

Love this website and Pablo's view of Lucy's shows.  I didn't know Lucy the Great Airport Chase was written for The Lucy Show not Here's Lucy.  Wonder what other shows were written but not used or used not on TLS but HL.

Very interesting comments.  Seems like "Shelly Winters" a show without the kids would have been a LS script. The writers were much more comfortable writing for middle-aged Lucy and Harry.  With the kids, they were fish outta water.  Too bad because I think the kids were up to the challenge of becoming distinct characters but were never given much of a chance.

I agree with most of his comments.  "Mod Mod" certainly isn't bad. The dubbing hurts the musical scene...and why dub?  Seems like the tune is within Lucy's range and not very challenging.  Of all the dubbers, this one is at least close, unlike Carole Cook.   "Jack Benny in Palm Springs"  was very enjoyable, however plotless and the Gleason cameo is a scream.

There should have been many more episodes like "Lucy's Working Daughter" which has one of the few moments of tenderness in the show when Lucy thinks she's blown it with her buttinskiness, but Kim reassures her that she appreciates her and Lucy's face lights up.

Lucy Carter is pretty obnoxious in "Craig's Drivers License, , treading that thin line between comical and irritating, but Jack Gilford was a great match and it's a good one.

Everyone seems to me wild about "Fixer" but it strays too beyond the believable for me.  Water coming out of "wires", kitten behind the wall, etc.

THE FIXER!   Yeah, I know, but it was Brock who kept raving about it, probably because of Gale's work in it, but it's the Laurel and Hardy as played by Lucy and Gale that got me to appreciate it.  I thought like you did before I took it for two old pros duplicating two other old pros.

I agree that the Fixer while great fun of old pros is odd and not my favorite Lucy show.  I love the more realistic ones like Lucy's Working Daughter or even the riotous Lucy the Process Server, which too felt like The Lucy Show.  I love Mod, Mod Lucy what great dancing though wish Lucy sang herself.  I love her singing even when it is older and a little deeper.  cannot stand Carole's dubbing.

Agreed, all these clips of Elaine Stritch singing lately makes me think Lucy should have done more of her own as she was so loved that people allow for it not being perfect.  STAR POWER, you know?

Wow, you make a wonderful and astute point, Elaine Stritch (and Bea Arthur and Lauren Bacall and Katharine Hepburn) all had "bad" singing voices (in every case worse than Lucy's IMO)  but they were never attacked about it the way Lucy was, shows how unreasonable and unfair the Lucy haters are. 

Well, now YOU are making the best point of all.  People like Chevalier, Louis Armstrong, Rex Harrison were not so great at singing but their star power made them belt out or imitate singing or in Harrison's case, talk through a song and still make it enjoyable.

Wow, you make a wonderful and astute point, Elaine Stritch (and Bea Arthur and Lauren Bacall and Katharine Hepburn) all had "bad" singing voices (in every case worse than Lucy's IMO) but they were never attacked about it the way Lucy was, shows how unreasonable and unfair the Lucy haters are.

I think Bea had a really good singing voice, it just was low.

Boy, you sure are on a roll tonight, so very true, LUCY was great at singing and NEVER should have been dubbed.  The woman made her comedic reputation on the fact that she sang off key for comedic reasons, and obviously started believing what others thought, she shuld have believed more in herself as she was absolutely fine.

Archived