Milton Bradley Commercials

I had trouble watching it too but found a b&w version of it here

I love this commercial.  It is so funny.  I wonder what other Milton Bradley commercials there were and if they are online.  Wasn't this 1973 or 1975?  

By the way I love seeing Lucy's later commercials.  Unlike during ILL/LDCH she didn't do many more I recall besides this one.  I think there was just the 1979 Red Cross PSA and the 1986 YWCA PSA.

There were at least two other Milton Bradley commercials. One features Vanda. :vanda:

Thanks for posting this. I don't know that I've ever seen this one or the one with Vanda.

The only one I remember seeing was for Pivot Pool which had the cue ball cradled on a string between two little plastic towers (which looked like they would break easily) and you hit the ball into the pocket that way.

Lucy enters a pool hall (through the barely disguised Unique Employment doors) and says something like "I brought my bathing suit. Where's the pool?"

Two muscle-headed pool players are there and one says "It ain't that kind of pool lady."

She Pivot Pool sharks them in a montaged game.(there must have been some other dialogue during this). And one says "Whadid ya say ya name was?"

Lucy: "Lucy. FAST Lucy."

Then her voice over. "If it hasn't got a pivot, it isn't Pivot Pool....by Milton Bradley"

• 4 years later...

Love it.

Not sure what Mame costume that is.  I love that she's so palsy with "Jim" from the Toy Fair. 

Lucy was certainly an enthusiastic product spokeswoman.  I don't know that Pivot Golf took off.  Did Pivot Pool actually do as well as Lucy implies?  Looks like another cheap-ie that will break soon.  Were there only 3 "Lucy Games": this one, Pivot Pool, and Solotaire?  Was Body Language considered a Lucy game?  I'm assuming Milton Bradley contracted with LBP for these commercials/endorsements.  I wonder if this was Gary's effort to widen LBP's scope. 

16 hours ago, Neil said:

Love it.

Not sure what Mame costume that is.  I love that she's so palsy with "Jim" from the Toy Fair. 

Lucy was certainly an enthusiastic product spokeswoman.  I don't know that Pivot Golf took off.  Did Pivot Pool actually do as well as Lucy implies?  Looks like another cheap-ie that will break soon.  Were there only 3 "Lucy Games": this one, Pivot Pool, and Solotaire?  Was Body Language considered a Lucy game?  I'm assuming Milton Bradley contracted with LBP for these commercials/endorsements.  I wonder if this was Gary's effort to widen LBP's scope. 

There are some photos of Lucy at MB headquarters, I think they were posted here a few years back.

Cross-Up and Slam Back were 2 more games I found.