Lucy Laughs

Well, that was a very unusual compilation but definitely well done and worth seeing.  The ones from The Big Street and Yours mine and ours were my favorites.  This brilliant actress was just incredible.  I was watching her in Lucy's mother in law tonight and saw her continually make these little gestures or natural looking mannerisms that showed just how brilliant the lady was.  Not acting, just being, as usual.

Well, that was a very unusual compilation but definitely well done and worth seeing. The ones from The Big Street and Yours mine and ours were my favorites. This brilliant actress was just incredible. I was watching her in Lucy's mother in law tonight and saw her continually make these little gestures or natural looking mannerisms that showed just how brilliant the lady was. Not acting, just being, as usual.

Watched that one two days ago. What do you think of her hair in the final scene? It's similar to how it looked in the Dean Martin episode, but for some reason it looks kinda matronly here.

True, it's similar but certainly NOT the same, and in Dino's Lucy show, it was in color, which helped.  I'm just saying that all through the episode, she has these little touches that you can't imagine were all written out in the script where she just becomes this real housewife getting her first visit from her mother in law.  Little REAL touches all the way through.

I was glad they didn't make her the stereotypical mother in law that you see on so many shows. It was pretty good on My Favorite Husband, and just hilarious on Everybody Loves Raymond, but the same routine starts to become boring after a while. I was so happy to see Mother Ricardo supporting Lucy. :)

Archived