Things you never noticed in the background until now

The one that really stands out for me, is in Kiddie Parties Inc--that creepy clown in the background. I think it was a Pin the Nose on the Clown board. I never noticed it until recently. Creepy! lol. also, at the beginning of the dog act, the pink balloon that Viv accidentally released earlier drifts back down to the ground. It must have got a hole in it causing the helium to leak out. Further proof that it only flew up as far as the studio ceiling. LOL! I also noticed that one of the boys took the balloon at one point, and he has it as they ran to the table for cake.

In I Love Lucy's "The Sublease" episode, that balloon that Lucy grabs to fake a "gunshot" is on the coffee table the whole time. Not sure why it was just randomly on the coffee table. I would've written it so Lucy opens a drawer, digs around for a moment and finds it. (In my room however, there are balloons lying on my desk pretty much all the time. They're ones I have to put back in their bags)

In "Lucy Conducts the Symphony," anyone notice that near the end of the concert, one of the stage lights in the background is on fire? I can't believe that the DVD people didn't put that (or the pink balloon) in the flubs section.

In Ricky Loses his Voice, you can see Desi/Ricky laughing during Fred and Ethel's Carolina in the Mornin song, even though he was supposed to be confused.

That's all I can think of at the moment. There may be more.

The stage light thing is during one of the shots of the conductor.

I noticed in the operetta that when the Pleasant Peasant Girls are about to run out on stage, you can see them standing around behind one of the backdrops. This doesn't make sense because at this point, they're running from the guys who are taking the costumes and scenery.

In TLS after they redecorate the Danfield house, there's always this spot above the closet door that they never painted. I thought it was a shadow but there's no way it could be. It REALLY bugs me.

Never paid attention to that paint thing, I'll have to look next time I watch that one.

Does anyone remember the goof in Deep Sea Fishing, where Little Ricky is on the boat one minute then after Ricky emerges from the water, he's gone!

What about when they're plugging in the lights on the tree in the Christmas episode, Ricky says his line about how they've worked for the first time in 15 years, then they burn out again. We see Lucy on the other side of the tree with her arms folded, kind of laughing to herself. I think she was the one who had to unplug the lights.

In TLS after they redecorate the Danfield house, there's always this spot above the closet door that they never painted. I thought it was a shadow but there's no way it could be. It REALLY bugs me.

THANK YOU!!! I've thought for years "is it just me or.....???" and can't also figure how it could go undetected all that time, what with film editors, etc. having had to have seen it before it ever aired!! I'm surprised Miss Stickler for details herself never noticed or did anything about it !! ;)

Anyone notice the fly that lands on Lucy's head when she "freezes" in the driving episode?

I didn't until the flubs section pointed it out. Now I can't not notice it.

It bugs me on TlS and HL how often the camera captures the cutoff point of carpeted sets and reveals the studio floor. I guess the carpet couldn't extend out more so cameras could wheel in for tighter shots but it's very distracting.

• 7 months later...

From Ken Levine's blog today. Also he talks about one time Lucy boyfriend Broderick Crawford.

In the first year of CHEERS, they still edited the show on film (later they would transfer the film to tape and edit digitally). One time my partner, David and I were asked to go over to editing and check something out. We walked across the lot to the building where our editors were located, trudged up the stairs, glanced out the big window that greeted us at the top of the stairs, and we both just stopped dead in our tracks.

It hit us both instantly.

That was the view out of Lucy and Ricky’s hotel room in Hollywood during that famous season of I LOVE LUCY. They must’ve taken the photo for the backdrop from right there.

This is one of the cool things about living in Los Angeles – recognizing locations in TV or movies that I know or have been to.

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2015/04/hey-theres-portion-of-my-car-on.html?m=1

From Ken Levine's blog today. Also he talks about one time Lucy boyfriend Broderick Crawford.

In the first year of CHEERS, they still edited the show on film (later they would transfer the film to tape and edit digitally). One time my partner, David and I were asked to go over to editing and check something out. We walked across the lot to the building where our editors were located, trudged up the stairs, glanced out the big window that greeted us at the top of the stairs, and we both just stopped dead in our tracks.

It hit us both instantly.

That was the view out of Lucy and Ricky’s hotel room in Hollywood during that famous season of I LOVE LUCY. They must’ve taken the photo for the backdrop from right there.

This is one of the cool things about living in Los Angeles – recognizing locations in TV or movies that I know or have been to.

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2015/04/hey-theres-portion-of-my-car-on.html?m=1

So cool. So that was on the Paramount lot... interesting! ;)

Archived