VANITY FAIR ARTICLE ON CHER MENTIONS LUCY

C L A U D E

Here is the Lucy mention in this month's Vanity Fair magazine with CHER on the cover: In this part, they are talking about Sonny and Cher and . . . THE COUPLE SPENT A LOT OF TIME WITH AN OLDER HOLLYWOOD CROWD THAT INCLUDED LUCILLE BALL, JACK BENNY AND HENRY FONDA. ACCORDING TO CHER, "I KNEW LUCY SINCE I WAS LITTLE. I WAS CRAZY ABOUT HER. MY MOM WAS AN EXTRA ON HER SHOW. ONE TIME, WE WERE AT THIS PARTY, AND JOHNNY CARSON GOT REALLY PISSED OFF AT ME, BECAUSE IT WAS THE SECOND INAUGURATION OF NIXON. I THOUGHT NIXON WAS A BIG IDIOT, AND LUCY THOUGHT HE WAS A BIG IDIOT, AND SHE WAS MAKING JOKES, AND I WAS HYSTERICALLY LAUGHING. CARSON GOT FURIOUS AND SAID I SHOULD GET OUT OF THE ROOM AS I WAS BEING DISRESPECTFUL. HE WOULD HAVE NEVER SAID BOO TO LUCY - SHE WOULD HAVE CHEWED HIM UP AND SPIT HIM OUT".

Here is the Lucy mention in this month's Vanity Fair magazine with Lucy on the cover: In this part, they are talking about Sonny and Cher and . . . THE COUPLE SPENT A LOT OF TIME WITH AN OLDER HOLLYWOOD CROWD THAT INCLUDED LUCILLE BALL, JACK BENNY AND HENRY FONDA. ACCORDING TO CHER, "I KNEW LUCY SINCE I WAS LITTLE. I WAS CRAZY ABOUT HER. MY MOM WAS AN EXTRA ON HER SHOW. ONE TIME, WE WERE AT THIS PARTY, AND JOHNNY CARSON GOT REALLY PISSED OFF AT ME, BECAUSE IT WAS THE SECOND INAUGURATION OF NIXON. I THOUGHT NIXON WAS A BIG IDIOT, AND LUCY THOUGHT HE WAS A BIG IDIOT, AND SHE WAS MAKING JOKES, AND I WAS HYSTERICALLY LAUGHING. CARSON GOT FURIOUS AND SAID I SHOULD GET OUT OF THE ROOM AS I WAS BEING DISRESPECTFUL. HE WOULD HAVE NEVER SAID BOO TO LUCY - SHE WOULD HAVE CHEWED HIM UP AND SPIT HIM OUT".

uh, I think you meant Cher on the cover, doll! blink.gif

uh, I think you meant Cher on the cover, doll! blink.gif

Yes, honey, sorry, i corrected it, another senior moment, i fear. Maybe even a Freudian slip, i wish Lucy still was on covers of magazines like in the old days. GREAT article on Cher, another great one on Prince William since Diana's death. Great ads, great gift ideas and these articles that seemingly go on forever and remind you what it was like in all magazines in the old days with these thorough stories that were such great reading.

Archived