LOng Long Trailer "Remake"

Neil

• 5 months later...

That might have been interesting.  I don't remember much about Tom Arnold but I don't remember him as being talentless----like some other husbands we know.  Having rewatched some "Roseanne" episodes lately, I admire her and the series.  This particular stretch I'm watching does not feature Arnold.  I can't think any other series that portrayed working class people so accurately, right down to the dingy house set.   Practically every series and movie has the family living in a place most of us couldn't possibly afford (like "Modern Family") .  Gives the rest of the world a skewed looked at typical American life, when more people live like the Conners of Rosanne than not.

Imagine Lucy and Gary remaking it as "The Long Long Golfcart"!  Gary's acting was passable. Sort of surprising that Lucy didn't come up with a project that would feature the both of them.

Nobody should touch it but a tribute's a tribute i guess.  I'll never forget how pissed i was when i read that Roseanne and her then no talent bum hubby wanted to remake the movie.  YIKES!

That might have been interesting.  I don't remember much about Tom Arnold but I don't remember him as being talentless----like some other husbands we know.  Having rewatched some "Roseanne" episodes lately, I admire her and the series.  This particular stretch I'm watching does not feature Arnold.  I can't think any other series that portrayed working class people so accurately, right down to the dingy house set.   Practically every series and movie has the family living in a place most of us couldn't possibly afford (like "Modern Family") .  Gives the rest of the world a skewed looked at typical American life, when more people live like the Conners of Rosanne than not.

Imagine Lucy and Gary remaking it as "The Long Long Golfcart"!  Gary's acting was passable. Sort of surprising that Lucy didn't come up with a project that would feature the both of them.

*ahem* Life With Lucy? *ahem*

Oh that brings up an interesting thought. If Life With Lucy had continued do you think Gary would have turned up in an episode. If so who would he be?

My interesting take is maybe he was Mr. Barker and we see him in a flashback.

He could be Mrs Barker's gopher or a janitor or something that would really suit him.

You don't have to sell ME on Roseanne, one of the best situation comedies that was ever on tv, very realistic, tackled taboo subjects and was always REAL, well, until the last season which stank to high heaven which is what happens when an ego takes over a show and runs it into the ground, think Charley Sheen without the drugs and whores.

You don't have to sell ME on Roseanne, one of the best situation comedies that was ever on tv, very realistic, tackled taboo subjects and was always REAL, well, until the last season which stank to high heaven which is what happens when an ego takes over a show and runs it into the ground, think Charley Sheen without the drugs and whores.

:lucywow:

Well, it bothered me because as i say, Roseanne was a great show and to fade out like that, so pitiful.  And i don't have to tell you what a great ally of ours the lady was.  Back before it was fashionable.

Oh no question, and couldn't agree more! When you're right (seldom though it may be!(, you're right! :lucywow:

Maybe the reason i keep thinking of Arnold as untalented was his horrible show that followed Roseanne, for a few months until they rightfully cancelled it.  Lately, he keeps popping up on Celebrity Name Game and he's so annoying, so hyper i have t turn it off, the man needs to curb his drug use or add Valium to the mix.   

Archived