DVR Alert Dancing With The Stars.

Luvsbway

DWTS Monday has a couple as Lucy and Ricky doing the salsa. Wonder what the song will be.

Lucie and Desi approved it before hand (needless to say) and IMO Bethany Mota (YouTube video blogger) and pro dancer, Derek Hough did a very cute rendition (albeit in a semi-50's kitchen) of "Babalu."  The counter in the kitchen even had the recognizable pattern on it. Here's a few screen grabs of the tribute:

DWTS_LucyRickyG.jpg

DWTS_LucyRickyF.jpg

DWTS_LucyRickyE.jpg

DWTS_LucyRickyD.jpg

DWTS_LucyRickyB.jpg

DWTS_LucyRickyA.jpg

I ONLY turned in to DWTS to watch this thing; to put it mildly 'underwhelmed' at performance; the judges performed better; and unless I have advance notice of someone I WANT to SEE, will NEVER watch the thing again!  Have NOT the faintest idea what draws folks to these things!   Sorry for the negativty; but, it GRABBED ME NOT!!!!  

You do understand that it's SECOND STRING stars learning how to dance over the weeks, some are very very good and some are just terrible.  Thank God one of the terrible ones got voted off yesterday, now Tommy Chong is next.  Back to Lucy, you'd think with the most recognizable kitchen ever seen on television, they could have gotten a bit closer to it's original look.  And a bare midriff on Lucy Ricardo?  In the fifties?  The dance itself was ok, Betheny's partner is THE best dancer on the show.  I would have enjoyed some classic Lucy LOOKS like the cry, the spider etc . . .

While this particular number was not truly stellar at least it was nice they attempted a little tribute.

On the other hand there have been great moments of this show that were.

Too bad you never got to see the lovely Valerie Harper waltz around the floor. Or the hilarious Cloris Leachman strut her stuff. Or actress, talk-show host Ricki Lake do terrific numbers. Or the brilliance of an 8-time Olympic medalist-athlete like Apolo Anton Ohno do his amazing turn. Or best yet (while mostly unknown to the world) world-class snowboarder and 2014 Paralympic bronze medalist, AND double-amputee, Amy Purdy, dance phenomenally.

While many contestants are not immediate household names, it is fun (IMO) to see their journey as non-pros create mini-musical dance moments that all members of the family can enjoy. Ultimately, someone besides myself must be watching as the show has been on for 9 years and 19 seasons as they do two a year.

If there is any interest, check out some past moments on You Tube with Amy, Amber Riley (of Glee), singer Kellie Pickler and Donny Osmond.

Amy Purdy:

Amber Riley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXqRx-7iUE

Kellie Pickler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgaMDduzuC0

Donny Osmond:

I ONLY turned in to DWTS to watch this thing; to put it mildly 'underwhelmed' at performance; the judges performed better; and unless I have advance notice of someone I WANT to SEE, will NEVER watch the thing again!  Have NOT the faintest idea what draws folks to these things!   Sorry for the negativty; but, it GRABBED ME NOT!!!!  

Archived