Last Words

Will

http://dying.about.com/od/reviews/a/Famous-Last-Words-Actors-Actresses.htm?utm_source=zergnet&utm_medium=tcg&utm_campaign=zergnet-test-304693

This is strange showing Desi and Lucy's last words first in this list of celebrities supposed last words.  What do you think of this?

Desi Arnaz (1917-1986)
I love you too, Honey. Good luck with your show.

Arnaz said this to his former wife, Lucille Ball, over the telephone.

Lucille Ball (1911-1989)
My Florida water.

The comedienne and star of I Love Lucy replied with these words when asked if she wanted anything .

This sounds odd how would anyone know someone's last words.  The Desi one could be one of his last ones because I remember him  saying I love you to her and I think I read that he thought Life Was Lucy was still on.  However, Florida water, lol.  

Desi's words here may not have been his "last" but they were said within his last half hour of consciousness based on Lucie's account.

As for Lucy since she died so quickly and based on the hour of the morning I don't think anyone was around.

Yes, and hospitals keep records of when doctors and nurses visit a patient.  She died sometime in the middle of the night as I recall, and not conscious.  So probably the last nurse who stopped by her room that night asked her if she needed anything.  That was her response.  No one else was in her room after that, so unless she was talking to herself, those were probably the last words she spoke.

THat makes sense.  Saw the book Desilu at the library the other and turned to see what it stated and it had these quotes.  Seems like Lucy was answering Lucie's question what would she need in the morning when she came back to the hospital.  She might have seen some nurse after that or just gone to sleep.  Lucie was with Desi and knows this was the  last he said because he could barely speak by their last phone conversation together and was asleep most of the following 2 days before his death.

I'm surprised she could even handle going on Password the next morning, as she was shattered. I mean, she knew it was coming but she was still sad that the love of her life had passed away, and being on a game show would be the last thing I would want to do.

Your theories as to who Lucy was talking to crack me up. Also I read in Ball of Fire that it was around 5 AM that Lucy lost consciousness.

I think it has been said that Lucy was not doing Password the day of or after Desi died. This rumor sort of took on a tale that I think was sparked by a quote from Betty White. I think the Password taping was a few days or more before.

Yeah, Betty also said Lucy invented the three camera technique.  As for Lucy's last words, Lucy asked for her Florida water which was perfume apparently, but she said that to Lucie on the night before she died, i'm sure she spoke to nurses many times after that till that fateful morning.

Archived