What were Lucy's least favorite episodes?

I know she wasn't particularly fond of the Orson Welles episode, and she was quoted as saying "the broomstick up my ass episode."

She threw the script down on the floor and told Bob & Madelyn "what are you trying to do, RUIN my career?!" in Lucy Enters a Baking Contest. Not sure why she thought so negatively about this one, so much so that the writers ended up quitting. I would've expected that from Kiddie Parties Inc, surprised she went along with that one. :hlLOL: It's impossible for a woman of her height and weight to fly away with those sized balloons. She would need ones WAAAAAAAY bigger and a lot more too.

What about the TLS eps with Joan Blondell?

Can't remember any others. I know HL's Rudy Vallee episode, she found it difficult to work with him. And I'm sure the final LDCH wasn't one she wanted to remember.

I remember when the Shout Factory DVD best of collection came in the mail. I hadn't ever seen Here's Lucy.. I knew about it but didn't know any episodes. I remember exclaiming HOW THE HELL DID SHE HAVE A CAREER? I heard from my mom that the show with her kids was awful and she was right. However the series.has grown on me and it is my IDOL LUCILLE BALL in a show other than ILL... I just think that tantrum and ruin my career moment was wasted on the WRONG series.

She didn’t make them quit. From what I hear I think Lucy’s temper got the better of her with this incident. Both Bob and Madelyn were growing weary of writing for the show. Some of it I think they were just burned out for ideas. Bob I believe wanted to travel. Madelyn had been remarried and wanted to be able to spend more time with her kids and husband and moved to Indiana. They took this opportunity to pursue those other avenues.

I wonder how she first felt about doing the Marineland episode. Did she ever think to herself "this is definitely something Lucy Carmichael (or Ricardo or Carter) would get into"? Even after being in that freezing cold water for nearly an hour, and getting yelled at by the director, she seemed to have a good laugh about it with Steve Lawrence. I can't imagine what kind of plots s3 would've had if Bob and Madelyn stayed. They seemed to totally drop the Danfield Volunteer Fire department storylines after S3 and it was never mentioned again. I can't recall, did they rewrite Mary Jane's character or was she always Audrey until the LA years?

• 4 weeks later...

I know she wasn't partial to the Christmas episode. She found it "eerie and spooky". I can only assume she's referring to the Santa Claus bit at the end. It is out of touch with the rest of the series. I think The Lucy Show did a much better job at a holiday themed episode.

True, THOSE are the ones i watch every year at this time.  Just excellent from start to finish.

• 2 months later...

Archived